Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Facebook Anyone?

TraseeTTrasee Posts: 571
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Water Cooler
Hi Friends,

I don't know if any of you facebook. If you do and would like to add me as a friend, you can find me by my given name, Traci Lea. I would happy to have any of you as friends.

Hugs and Well Wishes,

• sent you a request, I have a couple of friends from here as facebook friends, i'll ask if they want to join in the SH facebook friends society.
  • LOL Kylie, cool!! Can't ever have too many friends :)
  • I will see if I can find you on fb. I am fb stupid yet and have trouble finding people. I have a few friends from here. I have not been on fb very long and am not on it often. I have my little dog as my avitar and you can find me using Patsy Whited.
    Cheers :H
    Patsy W
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    Once you open yourself to others with Facebook, your email address is available.

Many members on this site have stressed that they never want their real emails to be known to others.
    Right now, only the moderators and administrators can see email addresses.

Now, some member let other members know about their emails, thats fine.

Nothing wrong in doing this and using Facebook, but I just wanted everyone to be aware of this
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • And your full name!

Do a 'people search' using the name and you can find an address. If you can narrow the search down by knowing the State and you can easily find an address. Use 'map quest' and you get directions to that address.

What is a common factor most members here have in common....narcotics.....or at least the perception that we all have narcotics.
  • I signed up a while back.

I just don't "get it". I love computers, forums, old cars and apparently old dogs that poop on my porch =))

Facebook just loses me.
    Twitter I really, really do not understand. :?

I mean, tweets like, "I'm combing my hair" or OMG I got drunk last night and "expletive deleted" my "place name here"...

I must just be a that guy.
    You know, the one you used to look at as the grumpy old loner that you swore you would never be? At least I somewhat understand him...Not that I necessarily LIKE him at times.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    Facebook and Twitter can be a bit much at least for me.
    I am on facebook, to keep in touch with some old friends. But I soon realized that I got more friend requests from people I never knew.

But it can be handy to keep in touch with some.

Twitter - Forget it, it doesnt make a lot of sense to me. I guess for cell phone users it may be helpful.. But then again, I have never owned a cell phone (most people know I am anti-phone to start with)

But all social computer services have a value for the members that sign up for it. Being a computer person for over 35 years, I am glad to see it being used to the extent it is today

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I'm with you. I grew up on, made my living on, and use them daily. The social networks have value. Unfortunately they also get littered by foolish stuff. Like, "oh getting ready for work", "getting breakfast", etc... Some people have no life. My opinion only...

Myspace - For kids and younger crowd. Gets quite silly.
    Facebook - For adult kids. Gets quite silly.
    Twitter - For people who think Myspace and Facebook is just not enough. They want to tell the world all kinds of silly nonsense every minute of the day...

Now for keeping up with family and good friends who are at a distance. Facebook has value. Like Ron. I ignore most friend requests and keep it simple.

Oh, edit and update.

I forgot Blogs. This is for people to make journals or for the conceited to let the world know what they do all day. I have to laugh when some friends give me grief for asking them a question and answer with... OMG, you didn't read my blog. I wrote about that last week!!! Where have you been?

Uh... having a life... LOL

To each his own though...
  • But at least we're nice to each other on Facebook and if there's an argument you can just remove that particular person as a friend.
  • Immyali.....You are so right about being nice. This is one site where kindness and understanding is so important but some folks are down right mean, I do not understand this at all. If I can't say something nice I say nothing at all.

Ron.....Like you I use Facebook to keep in touch with old and new friends. I do play Maj Jong(sp?) I play it but can't spell it.LOL

Wrambler.....I THINK I have fb figured out. It's all about the games and advertising. I do play that one game but really like word games better.....like Bookworm. And Twitter!! Yuck.....Who cares if I am brushing my teeth? I think Tweeting should be left to the birds.
    Cheers :H
    Patsy W
  • I am just starting on learning how to use FaceBook. If anyone wants to invite me, feel free. You can search for my name "Gerald Armentrout".

I would love to here from others dealing with spine issues. Most people in my life do not understand the pain and it's impact upon daily living. Even though I had an ACDF on my C5/C6 three weeks ago, I am still feeling the original pain I had from a motor vehicle accident in January 2009. Some of the later pains are slowly going away.

Previously, I have had to deal with Bladder Cancer. In some ways cancer and spine problems are very similar in how normal people relate to these conditions. They are not going through these conditions, so they do not have any type of understanding on how it can impact daily decisions.

It's almost like the passing through the doctor/hospital doors is going into a completely second life with it's own terminology and procedures. Our normal life is on hold while dealing with our alternative life in the doctors office.

Heck, I even have to get my mind geared up to call the doctor's office for new appointments or medication refill's.

I wish to one day to be able to wake up and not have to take 1/2-hour to wait for pain medication to take affect.