Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

another problem..another question

txmemaw5ttxmemaw5 Posts: 35
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Aug 6 2009..acdf c5c6 with all the hardware and replacement of a vertebre...after good days, bad days, exrays show everything good and as should be...BUT about 2 months now I feel like I have a knife stuck in my back (between the shoulder blades....did more exrays...dr says scoliosis is the problem from some curvature of the spine..it isn't constant and I never know when it will flare up..when it does the only thing is to take a pain pill..NS said at my age 56, no surgery, and he wants to give more time to see if it levels off or gets worse...My ?? is has anyone else been thru this and how is it going..Dr said if it got worst, pain management would be an option for me....any one with a comment on this welcome....

• I have not had that surgery, but I can empathize with you on the knife stuck in the back pain. My question to you is, why wait to "see if it levels off or gets worse" before going to see pain management. No sense in senseless misery if there's someone who can possibly make you more comfortable. Even with good Pain Management, if things get worse you'll definitely be the first to know it!

Have you considered seeking out Pain Management now instead of waiting?

• Have you done any PT from your surgery? Your scoliosis is probably largely due to your posture as you try to get comfy with the neck pain. A good PT can at least help you strengthen your back muscles which should reduce the need for meds.