Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

bobbinladybbobbinlady Posts: 35
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Pain Medications
I am a newbie. I have Lumbar Facet Arthritis with bones spurs and Spinal Stenosis. I have had 2 pain management Drs so far. My appt was today and he added Cymbalta 60mg to my meds (Roxicodone 15mg 3x daily, and Soma 350mg 1x). I have had nerve blocks, a Rhizotomy and most recently a Cortisone shot. L4-L5, S-1. The cortisone seemed to help for a few weeks but then I caught a cold and sneezed. When I did my back felt like it exploded. I told the Dr this and he said that I had put extreme pressure on my disk. He wants me to get a more rigid back brace. Sorry for the story. My question is this. I went to the Cymbalta site to see if there was a coupon. There was a voucher available for a free sample (with a prescription) but when I was filling out the info it gave 4 diagnoses. Depression, GAD, Fibromyalgia, and Diabetic Nerve pain. I have seen that alot of you take this. What diagnosis shopuld I give? Thanks.

• I hope you got your free sample coupon filled out. You would think they should have a place for other since many with sciatica take Cymbalta also. I think sciatica is similar to diabetic nerve pain more so than anything else listed there. Have you asked your Dr. for samples? They usually have some or can order some or wait until the next drug rep for the company comes in to get some more samples. As for the cortisone injections can you call your PM possibly about the cortisone injection. I have to get mine one every month for 3 months. Hopefully the Cymbalta helps your pain. I take 60mg day and it seems to help out a lot for me. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I take cymbalta as well for nerve pain from my cevical region. I would think anyone of them would work. The one thing I might add is sometimes cymbalta takes a bit of time to get used to the side effects of it so be patient. When I originally started the med started with 40mg now I take 120 mgs. The one thing is there is no generic available yet for it. Good luck and I hope it all works out.
  • Those are the only FDA approved uses. Just click whichever, I don't think it matters :)
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    should be sufficient. It worked well for my nerve pain. I was an individual that couldn't handle the increasing side effects.
    I do wonder? My Dr. started me on a much smaller dose. and triated up very slowly. Starting out at 60 mg. seems like a lot. If the side effects are too great you might ask him if you could start at a lower dose at first. And then triate up.
    My Dr. actually had me pull the cap apart and sprinkle the amount that he wanted me to take in applesause.
    Although, they now make them in 20, 30, 60 mg. caps.
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • took lyrica 75 2x a day put on ten LBS in 3 weeks it did help but they needed to increase the dosage alot and so now I feel like large marge and have problems pulling that extra wait around thats why i went to pm and thats another story in its self so discoured beware and be prepaired hope it works for you