Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MR Neurography scan

buckeyebackbbuckeyeback Posts: 384
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Has anyone had this type of MRI that is supposed to be able to see the nerve tissue and any compression upon them?

If you do a google search of MR Neurography there are more details. I am going to take some info to my doc and see what he thinks, since diagnosis is getting more difficult.

Anyone had this done?

• I made two appointments and ended up cancelling...but I see they are opening scanning centers in a number of new locations, so it will be easier for people to get one.

I think they sound very exciting and impressive and I have been very tempted for several years. I think the doctor is brilliant...and he still sees patients if you want to go to Santa Monica, CA for an appointment.

I hope you do it, so I can hear all about it!!

I should add, the reason I ended up not going out to CA to have the test and meet with the doctor is because we determined my problem is probably caused more by instability than by the nerve itself.
  • They have a facility in Dayton. I am going to try and get a referral in order to get a scan. My issue is nerve compression of some sort, I believe, and when that RSD bone scan comes back negative, I'm gonna get on the warpath for this scan. I think, If I have to, I'll just pay out of pocket in order to have the info for a better diagnosis.

We'll see what happens...

Thanks Gwen for the info.