Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Im struggling

jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Im 2 weeks post op from posterior cervical surgery and was doing well until now. Saturday my son was in EMT class and collapsed with multiple symptoms, sugar levels dropped to 30, blood pressure dropped to 101 over 58, body temp. dropped to 93, irregeular heart beat labs were all off the chart. The docs are saying he is a medical mystery and cannot discover what happened. They are leaning toward heart issues and multiple test will be done today. Ive been sleeping at the hospital and my spine is beat up. Everyone please say a prayer for my son. He has been a very healthy 19 year old with no previous medical issues

• I can empathize with you. Both of my sons had heart problems, had cardiac ablations done, and are cured now. I will keep you both in my prayers. Its painful to sleep at the hospital even for nonspineys. Hope you get to sleeping in your own bed soon. Keep us posted.

Best wishes,

• Sorry to hear about your son. I hope they can find the problem, its awful to have a child in the hospital. Hospitals are no place to rest, besides the stress of worrying.

Is there any way they can provide you with a hospital bed to rest in?

I'll say a prayer for both of you, Lisa
  • A friend of mine is going through something similar with her 17 year old daughter. They found she has epilepsy and since starting treatment for that, her body seems to have stabilized, including blood sugar and pressure.

One thing that my friend also did, was allowed her own medical condition and medications to fall by the wayside in order to pay for her daughter's care. She wound up in bad shape and was unable to help her daughter because she didn't take care of herself.

Please make sure you take care of yourself too! In order to be strong for others, you have to remember to take care of yourself too!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

• I hope the tests today will help to diagnose what happened with your son on Saturday.

When something like this happens, clear out of the blue, it truly shocks our system and the adrenaline starts to take over. You are so early out of surgery and it's very important that you lay low and take your prescribed medications. See if the hospital can provide a recliner to use during your stay. You don't want to disrupt your healing during this time.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your son. Please keep us posted with what the tests show.

Thinking of you and your son,

• Susan, my prayers & healing thoughts are with your son.

Please do keep us updated >:D<
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • I can't imagine what your going through and I'm sorry to hear about your son's illness. I hope they find out the cause of his collapse and get him well again. Hang in there and remember that we're here for you always. Take care