Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

theresacpttheresacp Posts: 18
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Spinal Injections
L) :T k surgery 2 yrs ago thought it was going to make the pain go away thats what the dr said anyway after 2 month he sorry that it didnt work so that was that the pain only was getting worse as time went by m regular dr put me on pain pills and high blood preasure meds mor pain the higher my blood preasure became 180/104 the pain med only calmed down the pain still the pain was still increasing couldnt sleep not even with sleeping pills its be horriable would just sit and cry it took a toll on my marriage and we split up to much for either of us we did get back together though and in that time my famliy dr moved out of area so had to start with new dr he said he was not going to give me my pain meds sent me to pain managemnt have had injectins at 2 leveal l4 and l5 l4 is now herniated ans l5 an s1 are fued with 4 scews and plates and bolts frist injection lasted 4 days and pain was back 2 injection was about 8days ago i was brused had a headacke for 2 days back spasms for days it was horrible dont know what to do i onlt can get 1 more set of shots and scared of it i was very painful last time only alittle releif they talk about putting a spine stimulator in me can anyone out there have anything like this and what have you done and did it help thamks

• Hang in there K? sit back a little bit and start at the issue that is gettin you the worst, then the next, too many issues at once will tear anyone up in short order,
    Whats first on the list, fear? depression, pain, suffering, (different issues, really!)we are here to support ya and hold you up when we can!
    Good luck and hugs to ya!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• HI Teresa :H I am sorry you are going through all of this :(

I myself have not had any thing done to me, so I am no help to you. However I am sure several members here can and will stop by offering you some ideas/information :)

Is there an option for you going to a different Dr.?, one who will help out with some pain meds.?

Please do keep us updated...
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • I'm sorry that you're having all this pain despite having a fusion. This happened to me too and it's enough to drive you mad. But whatever happens, don't give up. There are still other treatments to try like neurostimulator implantation or pain pump. I had my pain pump implanted a few months ago in order to give me better pain relief and to improve function. Is your pain doctor prescribing pain meds or does he only do injections? If so, it's better to go to a clinic where they do everything and not just spinal injections. Maybe the doctor needs to adjust your pain meds if the dose is too low, or if the medication is no longer effective.

Take care and get well soon >:D<