Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nerve ablation- I HESITATE

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi neck pain buddies. My pain dr wants me to get a nerve root ablation, where they burn the nerve right around the c-2 area. I am REALLY hesitant to have this done. It seems so harsh! I have had 3 nerve blocks and had good relief for very short periods, so I am a canidate for the "burning". I'm afraid the nerve is going to grow back even more angry than it is now and more harm than good will be done. I have nothing to support this fear, just my intuition. Anyone who's had this procedure, will you please tell me your experience? :SS

• I had facet nerve blocks on my lumbar spine. I got excellant relief from the blocks so I have the nerve ablation. It wasn't so bad. Ice is your best friend afterwards. That was 2 years ago and I haven't had any problems.

I have just had a 360 fusion L4-5 so I am curious how the facets will be at L3, S1. But if needed, I would do it again.

Hope this helps! Good luck1 Shari
  • Is the exact name of the procedure a nerve ablation?