Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My 2nd Opinion from my MRI

justwondering2010jjustwondering2010 Posts: 14
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Just got home from my long trip to see the NS for my 2nd opinion, he says, after looking at everything in front of him that I took and that he ordered also, that I definitely have NO fusion, and From what he can tell pretty bad spinal cord bruising and compression, I have a screw from the previous surgery pressing on my spinal cord. now here's the BUT....He wants to do a Mylegram(not sure its spelled right) to check the extent of the spinal cord damage he said because he knows its there already, and before he goes in there and does anything he wants proof of the extent of it to cover him in case of any further damage happening, bcause also I have never had one either? he said I should have had one before?

I have heard horror stories about this test and am really scared of having it, also wondering since I have a failed anterior fusion he is talking of doing posterior this time, and using my bone from my hip , do i have a better chance of fusion with my own bone? I like this dr. but I waited almost 3 hours to see him and he was that late, and then he was really rushed, and I forgot half the questions I wanted to ask him, I meant to write them down and forgot..lol..it happens. He did tell me that my age 37 and being a non smoker,he could not understand why the bones didn't fuse? but that sometimes they just dont' take? So I'm not sure what's going on now? more questions I guess? I drove 7 hours total to see him for all this today...lol..to get on here to ask you guys more questions than I am asking him. Maybe not a good sign.

• Hi,

Glad you got the second opinion. As far as the myelogram I have had three of them and while painful when they tilt the table and the need to lay flat afterwards they are not that bad. I had to consider that the answers they were getting were well worth it. As far as the posterior surgery and your bone that is the gold standard for re-do on fusion. One important point to ask is how is he going to get the other plate out. If they take the hip bone from the posterior side it is no where near as bad as from the anterior side. Have had bone taken from both sides and that was the least painful. Now I won't lie to you and say recovery from posterior surgery is a lot longer than the anterior surgery, and you have to give it time. If you have any questions don't hesitate to pm me. Take care. keep us posted on the test results.