Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

filed for ssd

wdwgrannywwdwgranny Posts: 63
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:42 AM in Health Insurance Issues
on line in feb , they called asked a few questions determind my back back date was farther than i though and since i went back to week for aprox4 weeks and could not do the job i did for 20 yrs i quit,
they sent me a Funtion report today tired to fill out, not much room ??
I have had two L3 l4 lamination / discetomy right and left . injection that failed numerous times, i have spinal cord stimulator inplant with some relif but not as much as in the beginng , i have increased my pain meds to 10/235 norco to 8 aday, seen a pm dr,
and have asthma , but over the last yr i have not benn in the hosp good for my health bad for my case lol
dr said i should not work any more due to asthma but dont know if all my visits will be enough iver the last yr
my pain in my back has gotten worse i have been to numorous dr in the system, my mri when i read i feel just doesnt eplain all the pain and psyical limitaions i have , but dr have noted,oh i am a nervous reck , so porr , i loved my job i had to quit in 2008 ,
i am 51 ,, i wish i had a crystal ball ..
mild stenois , mild this that , annular teat etc, scar tissue , radicular pain irrtracable pain all thse things .. i guess all i can do is wait ...
advertisement

Comments

• It sounds to me like you have a good case and your age is in your favor. Have you hired an attorney to help you? If not and you are denied, I would advise looking into hiring one.

Best wishes,

Marianne
  • i thought you couldnt hire one till you were deined , i thought it was not legal to have them help fill ou papers , please advise if i am wrong hope i didnt mess up
  • wdwgranny, when I applied and I got that first call, the woman from SS advised me that if I was denied, I should hire an attorney immediately. As it turned out, I applied on October 21 and on February 21 she called me to tell me I had been approved for SSD! I have had no surgeries and no hospitalizations. I have DDD, spondy and spinal stenosis, treated with meds and ESIs so far. I also have kinda bad COPD and I think I was approved more for that than my spinal issues. At the end of January they sent me to someone to have a breathing test done - 2 weeks later I was approved. They say age can be a factor. I was 59 when I applied, am 60 now. I don't think that it could have gone any easier for me and I hope the same for you. If your asthma is bad, I hope you included it in your ailments. The only objection is they wouldn't approve me as being disabled back to October of 2006 because there was no documentation of my conditions until July of 2009. They told me I could have appealed that decision ($20,000 back pay would've been nice) but I didn't - I know there was no earlier documentation. In July 2011 my Medicare will start. Good luck with your claim! Let us know what you hear!

Pat
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    You can hire one up front if you'd like. Any good SS Attorney or Firm will not charge you until your claim is approved. I venture to guess that some SS Attorneys and/or Firms may not want to get involved until denial of first application OR may turn away cases they do not feel they can win. But from what I've seen many are open to helping early on in the process during initial application. So if you get overwhelmed with the process see if you can reach out to find one to assist. Also some states offer assistance to citizens applying for SS so perhaps research that as well (in AZ we do have some kind of citizens assistance for SS application).

I plan to get an Atty to help up-front so I don't have to chase after any of the medical records, information, etc. I know of a good firm that provides service only in my state but there are some that are nationwide as well or there may be good ones in your state as well.

Karin
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
advertisement