Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Mri report today?

john 40jjohn 40 Posts: 190
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I got my new mri report today from new gp-doc and now off to see new serg doc
It dose not say disc herniation o boy but it did say annular tear associated with posterior buckling of the annulus at l5 s1 and mild bulging of the annulus at l4-5 and slight asymmetry in s1 nerve roots and slight neuro foramen compromise on left side at l5 s1
What dose it mean (I did way to much today drove to far sat to long stood up to long ) the mad guy in my back and down my leg into my foot is really pis******** now and I am all most sick trying to figure this report out .3 weeks till serg doc appointment I will be a nut case by then (im all most there now tee hee) looks like to me disc may be leaking on nerves and or slight compression. what do u think I dont like what I have been reading about annular tears

• Hi and good luck at the doctor today.

I'm not a doctor so wouldn't really be very good at insight on the MRI but others might give you insight.

My only observation is that you had a MicroD back in May '09 on L5-S1 so not surprised that the MRI still confirms you had an annular tear and it appears as if it is confirming that you should be having left leg pain.

I wish you the best. I hope they can treat your pain non-surgically. Post an update after the appt.
  • i have to wait 19 days to see surgeon :W