Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Today's the day...

sparkledctssparkledct Posts: 120
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I am heading to the hospital for my ACDF and wanted to thank all you kind people that have given me love an support over the last few weeks. Going in I am nervous of course but am in gods hands now and I know he will bring me home. I would not have gotten through this with out the support and knowledge from this board, even the laughs you have all given me to keep me going. To my special board friend ( you know who you all are) you are my angels.

Wish me luck & say a prayer.

Sending much love to you all.

• See you over the hill Melissa
    God will be holding you in His hand
    He loves you and your family and wants what is best for you

Much love
  • Best wishes for a good surgery and the start to your recovery!

I'll be thinking of you.
  • As soon as I woke up, I thought of you! Your day is finally here and soon you will be on your road to recovery. Praying for you, your family and friends, as well as your medical team! wishing you a speedy recovery! Looking forward to hearing from you when you feel up to posting!

Thinking of you! Shari
  • Will look foward to hearing from you on the other side!! Lynette
  • Today is your day and before you know it, you'll be on the other side and telling us that you're doing good and that the anticipation was worse than the surgery, right? LOL (Remember our promise?)

I'm thinking of you and have said a prayer. I'm so anxious to hear how you're doing, but don't hurry to post, just let us know how you are when you can.

Just think, maybe you'll be home tomorrow and in your station starting recovery. We'll be here waiting for you, my friend, and I hope all goes well and as expected.

Take care!
  • Melissa, your words of wisdom makes me realize I can do it tomorrow...I hope everything goes well and you have a full recovery. We will be healing together!
    Good luck and take care! I will talk to you when I get on the other side...Tamara
    P.S. Really emotional day! *tear* tear*
  • Hope that you are feeling calm and now have everything ready.
    I will be praying for you and will look forward to hearing from you when you are over here with us.

Take care, spiney friend
  • I am as ready as I can be...doing some last minute things today. I am very nervous, but feeling better about it. I had a good talk with my Mom this morning which she still can calm me down. But I am glad it's almost here. The 2 month wait since I got my surgery date has been terrible! Thanks for the Prayers!
  • Saying a prayer for you. I hope surgery went well and you're on the road to recovery. Post when you can to let us know how you're doing. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Believe me, the relief you will feel once you have had your surgery, is great. It is tough at first, but you know that you are on the way to recovery then.

You can do this!
  • I hope that you are comfortable and that your recovery will go smoothly.
    Also thinkng of your children, that they are reassured that you are ok, and all will be fine.

Relax and let the healing begin.
  • You are in my prayers ....you are in Gods hands and we all know he will take care of you....see you soon back here in the forum... O:)
  • Prayers are going up for you and encouragement/advice and sharing of notes and only good things awaits you. As always, REST , REST and more REST the next few weeks. And don't hesitate to take your pain meds. They are your best friends for the next few days..Speedy recovery our dear!
  • Hi Melissa! Thinking of you today, hoping that you are able to get some rest and your pain is well managed. You did it! Yay! You are on the other side now and I am so happy for you!

Keeping you and your family as well as your entire medical team in my prayers! gentle hugs! Shari
  • Melissa, and hoping that today is the start of better things ahead for you. I hope things went well and that you can rest and be as comfortable as possible. Take care, and prayers are with you. Love, Robin
  • See you on the other side. My surgeon was on the 18th of March and I am on the other side. So I will be waiting there for you to join me.