Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back numbness along with pain

aka_angelic37aaka_angelic37 Posts: 39
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Chronic Pain
Has anyone experienced back numbness along with pain? Mine is mostly on the right side and it usually comes on if I am leaning forward doing my homework for an extended period of time and then I will eventually get feeling back...Does it have to do with herniated discs maybe?

Thanks in advance for your responses! Oh and Happy Easter!

• Yes ma'am :) The neuropathy- numbness, tingling, burning, etc.- is mostly in my back.

As for what it is, something somewhere is hitting a nerve :) I get it when I'm sitting for longer than about 10 minutes- or I should say, GOT it before Lyrica.

Hey, can you get vertebroplasty on old fractures? My orthopod seems to think it's mostly for current fractures, I'd love to hear more about what your dr. says about that! I have known for a while that I *need* a second opinion.

Or maybe it's because I don't have enough bone left to treat, either way I need to get his opinion confirmed!
  • Yeah my neuro is mostly doing the vertebroplasty to stabelize that area since it has been 18 yrs and it has moved a bit, he only gave me a 60% chance of success, i will keep u posted as to how it works out for me, so that maybe it may help you too. :-)

I hate the numbness in my back, it is always on the right side, but goes away when i move to another position...UGH!
  • Have you tried Lyrica? I am tapering off to try a different med now and wow, I had forgotten how much it helped!

Please let me know how the vertebroplasty works! I looked it up and it appears I also am not a candidate because my fracture is retropulsed, but it's interesting to hear how other old fractures are being treated.
This discussion has been closed.