Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Hello from NY

mjyfgslmmjyfgsl Posts: 57
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I have been to 2 Neurologists and 3 Neurosurgeons .All have stated that I need a Laminectomy and L4-5 Discectomy .
I've been on Ryzolt for pain but even with that I am in constant pain .
advertisement

Comments

• Hi and welcome.
    Glad to see you have gotten several opinions.
    Did you have an MRI? What sort of pain are you having?

I think many here can share their experiences with you.
  • Hello mjyfgsl

Good that you've got several opinions and the surgeons are all in agreement.

Facing surgery is not easy but most of us here have had to make that decision. For me, the second surgery was the best decision I have made because I have my life back again.

Trish

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • advertisement
  • welcome mjyfgsl. What part of NY are you from? I am from the Binghamton upstate area. Hope we can help with any questions you have. Lynette
    Lynette
  • Good Morning all:

I am from Long Island .I had an MRI 4 weeks ago .If anyone had this surgery in LI ,please tell me which doctor and which hospital .I've never undergone any surgey .
  • Hi on Long Island:

You should have a choice of some of the best surgeons in the world in NY. In Manhattan you have the Hospital for Special Surgery (one of the best).

Even LIJ and North Shore Hospital on LI should have some really good surgeons.

It's great that you checked out several Drs. Pick the one that make you the most comfortable with what he thinks you need and makes you most at ease.

You should be fine with as many choices that you have.

Good luck. Marsha

• advertisement
  • Hi,

I am from Long Island to. I live out east but I had Dr Rafael Davis from Stony Brook do my spinal fusion in November. He is excellent and ranked Top 10 in the US or country I dont remember what one!!! Good Luck!
  • Anyone have surgery at Winthrop Hospital and if so would you recommend it ?
  • He was recommended to me but I had reservations about Stonybrook Hospital
  • hi, i had Laminectomy and L4-5 Discectomy surgery 3 weeks ago, after 3 days i moved too much and didnt do much the following 4 days, because my back was killing me. so i took the slow approach. i am currently walking 1 mile 4 times a day, i feel much better than last week. my biggest complaint is i cant sit, it hurts. i also had foot drop and it is much better.

ps, my 1st post cause i couldnt sit long enuff to type, lol
  • Hey, I had the exact same surgery done in Hackensack, NJ.. so far I am doing well. Here is my post op thread. Good Luck!

http://www.spine-health.com/forum/back-surgery-and-neck-surgery/4-weeks-discectomy-post-op-today
advertisement