Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2nd Rhizo (nerve burn)

milkshake36mmilkshake36 Posts: 30
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Spinal Injections
Happy Easter everyone. I had my second rhizo on the 16th of March. I firmly believe this is working for me. As for me, I had some itching in lower back where punctures were done. This lasted a little over 3 days, starting 2 weeks from procedure. Also had a strange cool type feeling inside both legs. I spoke with someone who had the same procedure done and they said the cool affect never happened to them. Right this second I still have a little bit of nerve pain in the buttock area and lower legs. There's nothing going on for me to get all bent about. I feel better pain wise, now just need to get off the neurotin (gabapentin).

If anyone has anything to add to this or has questions, please post it.

• hey george
    hope your feeling better everyday
    my ? is that you in furry bear outfit???
    take care
    sorry nothing to add never had it done
    happy easter
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • I just had both sides in my lower back done last week, it is painfull now,but i think it will calm down in 3 weeks,i have had that cold feeling before mostly in my left leg.....i had a rhizotomy done in 2008 too, it had to be repeated....
  • there's still some nerve pain in right leg and right side of lower back. I was just prescribed Tramadol 50mg tablets (1-2 four times a day) for the pain. All of this may still be healing. Thanks for the comment Mary.
  • I'm glad to hear you had some good luck! I had the right side diagnostic block done today, and based on that I'm hoping he'll go ahead and give me the RF burn (both sides, L3/4/5).

Is it very uncomfortable right afterward?
  • I had rhizotomy in 2008, tried repeating in 2009, had to have fusion. good luck I hope it lasts you a long time :)
  • around 3 weeks before I noticed any change. I can't speak for everyone but it was uncomfortable for numerous days because the nerve(s) are basically shocked with the burn. At times I felt some of those deep nerve jolts in both legs at different times. So far as the procedure, it is uncomfortable. Just keep in mind the procedure only lasts a few minutes.
  • I had a left lumbar rhizotomy done a couple months ago. I had extreme pain for about 5 days after but then it was wonderful (still is). It was so good, in fact, that I went thru the testing and had the right side done yesterday. I have a lot of discomfort but am looking forward to the wonderful pain relief I hope to get in a few days....
  • Great to hear that people are liking them! I hope they are as nice as the 5 hours of facet block!

(on a less serious note, because I never take anything seriously, I was telling my doctor on the way out as we were discussing the ablation that "nerves are overrated." He said he agrees, and that should be their new motto ;).