Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chronic back pain IFC Therapy

Darrell ODDarrell O Posts: 14
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Chronic Pain
After an auto accident in June 2009 I am still experiencing pain that feels like shooting electrical type of pain that goes into my right arm and fingers, I also have numbness pretty much most of the time in my pinky and ring finger of my right hand. It seems as if I move a certain way, sit or stand for prolonged time it happens. A full nights sleep is very rare! I have had the nerve blocks, and the last treatment was a rhizotomy(?)in November 2009. That seemed to make the pain worse for a short time, and then nothing, it did not work.
One of the doctors ordered a MRI and it was discovered that I had a torn rotator cuff which I had surgery for in Feb 2010 and I am presently attending therapy three times a week.
During this therapy after about three visits, because of the shooting back pains. therapy was not going so good. One of the therapists suggested that I have a Interferential Current treatment before my therapy that day. Man, what a relief! It seems some of the pain lessened and I was able to do much better with my shoulder therapy. Although it is only short lived and it seems that it makes me tired a short time after the treatment.
I also might add that when I get these shooting pains I have on occasion fell. One DR. stated that has nothing to do with the back injury, I'm here to tell you that it DOES!
I guess my question is has anybody used the "IFC" therapy for a prolonged period of time? Thanks for listining, it seems no one else is!

• a C7 or T1 issue. if the worse pains are related to episodes of falling, that would make me worry about a central spinal cord degenerative process or myelopathy, like MS. Have you been having any increased fatigue or increased symptoms when it is hot? When you try to touch your chin to chest, to you get a tingling sensation down the spinal portion of your neck?
  • Hello optimist. No I do not get a tingling sensation. It does not bother me at all when doing that, and as far as when its hot,I have no increased fatigue or symptoms. Actually I like to sit with the sun on my back, it feels kind of relaxing. I have had about 5 or 6 falling spells, and it seems it happens when I twist or do something to use my back muscles. Kind of hard to explain, other than when it does happen I get a shooting pain into my right arm down into my fingers, which are mostly numb and tingling pretty much all the time, and wakes me up on a nightly basis. I have good and bad days but it's almost like a constant pain to some degree.
This discussion has been closed.