Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hopelessy in pain

theresacpttheresacp Posts: 18
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in New Member Introductions
:jawdrop: hi my name is theresa had surgery 2 yrs ago what a joke the dr said it would take the pain away instead iam in more pain than ever legs dont work to good dont do very much becauces it increaes my pain until i cant stand i suffer in silence dont want to bw a complainer sometimes its 10 days with no sleep i am fused with screws 4 of them plates and some bolts and i noe have a new herniated disk the L 4 and it the L5 and s1 that are fused and i have some sack of fluid inbetween the 2 veterbas that they dont know what it is now have startes pain managemnt that a pain in my butt and i do mean that and so far that is not working what other kind of thing can they do to me has anyone know of anything that helped them need some input here no one understands the pain i have down both my legs in my back i need someone to type to and get some peice of mind areyou out there i hope so thanks theresa

• We are out here for you. Have any of the docs mentioned trying to find out what that sack of fluid is? It seems that all too often once you have a section of your spine fused it puts more pressure on the other segments and causes them to herniate. Has your PM doc offered any help at all? Maybe there is a less invasive procedure to try and alleviate your pain?
    Good luck to you and keep us posted.

BTW- Don't give up. It is never hopeless. There is a doc out there than can and will help you.
  • hi theresa,
    Welcome to spine-health, and i hope you read alot and get alot out of this great forum.
    Which type of doc do you have know, ortho, neuro or just pain management.
    i would get some answers on what exactly that fluid is..
    find a doctor that listens to you is very hard, i have gone thru a few bad ones that kept shuffling me off to another.
    i also have lower back issues and nothing as far as pt or injection have done anything..
    it is very hard and depressing and this is a great place to get info..and connect with others going thru pain and alot of spine issues..
    please keep reading and posting we all are here for you..
    hang in there we are here
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you stopped by.. hang in there and you will find a doctor to treat you!! i hope you are feeling better soon. :D good luck! Jenny :)
  • Saw you come into chat last night. Wish you had stayed and chatted. Many of us there have gone through the same pain and would be more than happy to give you some support. What procedures have they tried at pain management for you?

Best wishes,

• Welcome to Spine-Health.

As you can see, there are a lot of people here that want to help. I also have fluid in my spine but my PT says it's because of lack of movement (I've been wearing a brace since my surgery) and now that I'm not wearing the brace (except for special occasions) and doing PT exercises, I'm hoping it will go away. I don't feel it, but he says it's there. This isn't to say that the fluid you have is the same as mine, just letting you know.

JJ asked the questions I had, so I hopt you get back on and let us know.

Take care,
  • i am sorry to hear about your pain .and you are another reason that i wont be having a fusion myself .![I HAVE ALLREADY HAD 2 OPERATIONS ON MY BACK}have you gone back to you surgeon to find out if anything can be done and have you seen your doctor to get some decent pain killers?
    hope things get better soon
  • >:D< i didnt relize how many poeple were in the same boat as myself imfeel like i shouldnt of had the surgery . iam in so much more pain now at least i fell iam not out there all alone iam relizing that alot of people have the pain and that the surgery seems to be alot alike i dont like the injections i have had them at 2 levels 2 differnts times they only last for a few days and then its gone last time was pretty painful i was black and blue for a week with back spasms the scecond set lasted 8 days but had to get over the injections and they charge the insurance 3,000 dollars each time and it doent stay very long does that seem like that to anyone else but thank you all of you that took the time to answer my call of pain thank you again theresa