Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nice Easter

tonyanwisconsinttonyanwisconsin Posts: 189
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
So I had a really nice Easter. My best friend came over to my house and cooked a wonderful dinner. Ham and the works. It was both of us and our husbands. I was tired at the end of the afternoon and crashed hard. When I woke up I noticed I had only taken pain medication 3 times today. That is a huge improvement. I had been taking them every 4 hours but have noticed over the past week I could go longer without them. Today is the first day I felt hopeful in my recovery. I had to smile and share the good news about the pain meds with my husband.

Just wanted to share with my spiney friends.

• congratulations on this jump in your recovery!! =D> i am sure with the support of your family and friends and doing what you should you are recovering just fine!! it is great to read of your wonderful day spent with family and friends!! good luck in the future. Jenny :)
  • So glad that you had such a good Easter day, spent with friends and loved ones and with reduced pain too. Can't get better than that :-)

I also took slightly less pain medication yesterday. Feels so encouraging to be moving forward in our recovery.

Take care and keep healing
  • Tonya,
    Glad to hear there is some improvement in your recovery. It's like a snowball when you have less pain you an do a little more and get stronger and stronger. I hope things continue to improve! Lynette
  • Yea!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!I find when I am occupied and have my mind off the discomfort,it helps. Just don't go off the meds cold turkey!I tried that several weeks ago,and I was miserable.It is so good to hear a happy spiney story!!!
  • That's great news. I think a lot of people find that six weeks is a bit of a dividing line, too.

You still are very early in your recovery so just keep doing what you're doing...keep a positive attitude and before you know it, you will be pleased you had surgery.

I bet our nice weekend weather had something to do with your good spirits too!! ;)
  • gwennie you are so right. The warmer weather and the sunshine has lifted my spirits. I am doing better everyday. I only took pain meds twice yesterday. I still have a sore feeling but not pain like before the surgery. I still have the left leg nerve pain but feel it is sciatic pain brought on by the surgery. It is improving also. I find if I don't lay on my left side it is virtually gone.
    Thanks to everyone for your kind words and support. You will never know how helpful and supportive this website and all of you have been in my decision to have surgery, to my recovery.

• What is it with the left leg?
    I also have pain in my left leg which is hardly there when I walk and at it's worst when I lie on my left side.
    I know, keep walking!! Lol!