Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back and leg pain arthritis Climate

3285craig33285craig Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Pain Management
Hi, I am not sure of the subject of this post but I am here mainly for input, information, etc. about back , leg, and neck pain due to arthritis, auto injuries, and Climate. I was in an auto accident at age 9 causing slipped epiffisus , not sure of the word but both hips came out of joint in stages. Had both pinned at seperate times within a year. I was told on the first one that I was allurgic to stainless steel so they took the 3 oins out of my l. hip and was casted for 7 months. The hip then healed and I was told they put a silver pin in the r. hip. I went thru life with constantly new problems with the back. Finally after countless chiropractic visits (the old way) I found that there was a lifetime hip replacement from my ortho surgeon done in 2000. I had l. done and right leg was 1 1/2" shorter than left leg. I then had right hip done and I felt like a million bucks. Walking 5 miles a day 3 months after right hip done in February 2001. Then in July , 2001 , I was rear ended by another auto at 40 mph while stopped. After that I had left hip rereplaced , massive nerve damage to L-3-4 area. I had a facet fusion in 2004 with a spinal cord leak after pulling cord from vertbrae. My hamstrings were terrible. I then went to texas back institute for an ALIF at the L-3-4 area and L5-S1. Yes a double. 3 months later the L5-S1 was loose , so I retured for screws and bolts. The surgery did not change the pain much.

• You have certainly had a variety of injuries through the years. I am sorry that you are still in pain after the variety of surgeries and treatments you have been through.

Other than wanting to welcome you to our community, I wondered if you had a specific question? People tend to do better responding to posts when they know if a poster is looking for particular information, another's experiences are support.

Please look around the board and read through some of the other threads that catch your interest. There are also many excellent articles written by medical professionals on this website that are a great source of information.

• One of the biggest questions I have is if there is a connection with a better lifestyle and arthritis to Drier warmer climate vs. the great lakes region as to where I live in Erie, Pa. I seem to find that when the humidity of the lake during the February-March thaw is almost unbearable. I do walk every day during these times but I have noticed these months it is terrible. I lived in Arizona for a year in 2007 and walked all thru the winter. I am seriously moving back. I know I have went down hill since then but I do wonder if I will be better in AZ or is it just the way it is with the arthritis?