Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help me understand some type of convulsion

karenlkkarenl Posts: 42
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I have been suffering from spine problmes for over a year, both lumbar and cervical. I have herniated idscs C5-6 C6-7 and bne spurs. The other day my husband was hanging something up fr me and became frustrated. I went over to show him how , raised my arm tilted my head back and my legs started shaking all over. My arms started flapping and I could not keep them still long enough to grab on to something My husband was calling my name but the his voice became distant to me. My head began shaking and then fell back my eyes rolling back in my head and I fell limp into my husbands arms. He guided me to the floor and called 911. IThe hospital first checked my heart and all checked out fine. Now I am waiting to see a neurologisist and that is going to take several weeks. Has thishappened to anyone else with cervical problems.

• It scared me to hear what happened to you. Have you had any similar issues since this happened? How long were you "out"? Have you seen anyone other than at the hospital since this happened?

This has never happened to me or anyone that I know of, but it concerns me.

Do you have any more info? How are you?

• Google "drop attack" you might find something.

My PT thought that this was my problem but my NS dismissed it. He says it is very rare.

I dropped to the ground in pain- cooking breakfast but was no where near passing out. I just had lost control of my arms/legs briefly. I stood up with the help of a strogn hand and had to take it easy for a few days.

I would stay away from chiropracters at least until you find out what is going on.

I think the neurologist will help you.