Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Managed to shave my own legs!!!

jellyhalljjellyhall Posts: 4,373
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Way Hay!
My daughter was here to help me, but I managed to do it myself!
My fusion surgery was only 2 and a half weeks ago.
I can hardly believe I could do it.
Here comes my life back again :-)

• It's the little things in life that bring us "spineys" such pleasure! So glad to hear of your success! I was able to shave mine also, but, it's not best. But that's okay with me, I did it myself!

Congrat's Jellyhall! Love the way you take time to smell the roses! :) Hugs and smiles! Shari
  • I thought of you while I was out on my walk in the sunshine. The birds were singing, colourful spring flowers everywhere.

I hope that you have some sunshine to walk in too.
    How are you doing?
    Keep enjoying every small step of progress that you make :-)
  • For a long handled disposable shaver.
    Similar to the bottom buddy but for ladies with back issues to be able to shave.

Congrats! Mine have been horrendous b/c even though I was just a revision microD, I've been overly cautious with bending so I do as good as I can and the rest the world will have to deal with.

But what a great milestone!
  • CONGRATS JELLYHALL im glad for you considering we had our surgeries on the same day but me personally i dont think ill go that route. just be happy if i can tie my shoes. might as well make the best of our situation. and have some laughs with it.once again im happy for you. jim
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    It's the simple things that bring a smile to us spiney's. Others would think we're nuts! :O)
    Jim :D
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • The little things we take for granted bring us such joy now after recovery from surgery or in my case recovering on my own from my back injury. It feels good to be able to do what we couldn't do last week! Great to hear you're healing. Carry on and take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • how about painting those toenails red now?
  • It is the small stuff that keep your spirits high!!

• It must be because I have such wonderfully long legs. Lol! :-)
  • I have short legs...short arms too, so I can't get to my toes either HAHA

• ...has been cutting my toenails. I still haven't cut them and think I'll try today. My hubby was supposed to do it, but well, never got around to it. They're so bad now that they're curling under my toes. LOL

I know, I know, that's what pedicures are for but it just got to the place that I was embarrased to go.

Congrats on the milestone. That's not too bad at all for being so early in your recovery! :-)

• wow! I think I left mine for more like 2 months (maybe more!) mind it was the depths of winter so I suppose they helped keep me warm! lol.
    You are doing so well - don't rush at it though. The tortoise soooo wins this race! xx
  • There used to be girl on here, but she doesn't post anymore, that shaved her legs a few weeks after fusion surgery. She slipped and messed up her spine a little bit, so be extra extra careful.

Sometimes I still have trouble reaching to tie my shoelaces.
    On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008
  • WTG Jelly,

I shave mine very infrequently even at this stage of recovery. And I am a daily shaver in spring and summer, so it is starting to bother me.

Go get that pedicure. They don't care what your nails look like. They just want your money. Or go to a different place LOL. That is one thing I do monthly. Even with hairy legs :D

Best to you both,
  • I actually sit on a shower seat with one leg at a time on a bath board, so don't think I'll be slipping or falling.

My surgeon, who took my staples out at 10 days post op, told me I was cleared to drive and get back to my life; including bending!!
    That really surprised me, as everything you read says no BLT.
    Compared with what he said, I feel I am being quite cautious.
    I certainly don't feel ready to drive yet.
  • wow,I am surprised he said you could bend!You are wise to still be very cautious.-----now girls,I know you could find someone to paint those toes!
  • I taped my razor to a skinny spatula and lo and behold...extended razor, I think should someone should get a patent!! Lynette
  • LOL Lynette, I LOVE IT!! AS SEEN ON TV: Bowl scraper/razor! What a great gift :O)
  • But wait, there's more! Now for a limited time, you will also receive tongs that also double as a bootie cleaner! That's right! From the salad to the toilet!

gotta get independence as we can achieve it, and laughs as we can get 'em! LOL :0
  • Oh Shari, LOL!! You only pay shipping and handling for this fabulous set!!!
  • Jim's turkey Baster/ enema aid!!!
  • and all of this for just 19.95 (plus shipping and handling)-----but wait,there's more!If you call and order now we will include a years supply of razors AND medicated cream to heal all those places you knick!!!!(our razors are made by trained parrots in the Amazon jungle,and are composed of deadly jungle vines,but we don't tell you that),so CALL NOW!!!!!!!!!
  • OK fellow spineys, we also need to Market a holster to hold our trusted grabber so we can have it with us at all times, ready to put into action
  • now I like that.Maybe I wouldn't drop it so much
  • within the next 20 minutes because we can't do this all day get a cane that becomes your grabber in a pinch. Why can't we find someone to make these products?
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN