Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

6 month post ALIF I didnt fuse

bergbberg Posts: 140
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi I just found out that I didnt fuse L4/L5 I went to a new doc I wont be going back to him this was the first and last time with him I felt like I was just a number hurry in hurry out next. my original doc left me high and dry at 2 months post-op to become a professor I never would have went to him had I known he was going to be closing his practice I still have alot of pain I dont know what to do Im in shock with this news my light duty time at work is going to run out next month then I will be withuot a job/income for 6 months until ltd insurance kicks in I feel like my world is falling apart

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    :? You might want to search out a Orthopedic surgeon who specializes in XLIF (minimally invasive lateral) surgery. And see if the can place some Bmp in there to get it to fuse. Or any other procedure that would give you the results without having a major revision. Just a thought. Type it into the search box at the top of this page and surf and investigate the possibilities.
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
This discussion has been closed.