Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

b.princebb.prince Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
not sure if i'm in the right place or if there is anyone out there that can help me?! I had cervical spine surgery 3/5 of this year. Disks replaced C-3 thru C-7 with titanium plate. I am having pain between shoulder blades, esp on left side, which was the side that bothered me to begin with. The pain is with activity and intensifies with activity. What i also get is sharp jolts (what to me seems like nerve pain as i scream when it happens). I once had sciatica and this quick sharp stabbing pain feels the same but up in my shoulder blade area. I never had this pain before surgery.....I also am experiencing pain on the exterior-my skin-in a aprox. 5in diam. It is driving me Insane!!!! It feels as if I have a really bad sunburn and then if anything touches it.....well it hurts like heck!!!!! I usually love heat packs, but there is No way i can use heat in this area-ice packs seem to help a bit. I am at the point where i wish i never had surgery!!! My surgery site is fine and the pain and numbness in my left arm and neck are better...but this is to the point of being intolerable as it Never leaves. I'm a Labor and Delivery RN was hurt on the job, and want only to get back to my friends (worked at the same hosp for 22yrs) and the Best job in the world!!! Enough crying....anyone out there who has experienced any of this? If so does it get any better? THanks.....Barbie

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Hi Barbie

Welcome to spine-Health

I am glad you found this site, you will find lots of information and support here on the forum and the rest of the site, people who know exactly what you are experiencing.
    I hope you find it useful

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Welcome to SH. After my cervical fusion, I had pain from my shoulder blade to my hand. I was told the nerves that were compressed woke up and were screaming. I found Lyrica to be very helpful. It took about 2 months for everything to quiet down.

Best wishes,

• Welcome to Spine-Health.

I had a 3-lvl ACDF (C4-7) and also had pain in the back of my neck and in my shoulders, mostly left. My surgeon said this was all normal and that the pain meds should help the neck pain and muscle relaxers should help the shoulder/back pain, as they were muscle spasms.

They should go away as you heal further. You're still very early in your recovery, so try to be patient. As always, if you're concerned about anything, don't hesitate to call you surgeon. That's what they're there for.

Take care and I hope your recovery gets better and better.