Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Proper Pain Mnagement

jdtripjjdtrip Posts: 37
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:43 AM in Pain Management
Hi all. Haven't posted much on the site but I thought I could share an experience that happened today. I had the 2nd major rotator cuff repair in the last in the last 6 mo today and am now home resting. The 1st one done on my right arm was done in Nov 09 . Both of these injuries were from the result of a fall from 16' in OCT 09. Anyway I am a chronic pain patient at a pain clinic for the past few years and am being treated for chronic low back pain. The 1st surgery went well although I had explained to the surgeon that I was beng treated at the pain clinic and my tolerance of narcs was quite high and he and his pa sent me home with 5/500 percs. needless to say after the nerve block wore off the pain was nearly un-bearable and I called the next day a basicly to just dbl the percs. Thankfully the major pain subsided after 3 days or so and I was able to get thru it. I take Norco 4-6x day the back pain abd I went back on these at that point. This time I told the nurse and the doc I was not going togo thru that again and would not accept having to grin and bear it. I was sent home with 20mg oxycotin, valuim, and the percs. I do not see needing them past a couple days but it sure is comfortable knowing they are their if needed. Long story short after the 1st surgery I did everthing thet asked, PT, followups, ect and Iam sure they trusted my judgement and sincerity. And the fact I would not accept getting sent home to endure the possible terrible pain. Just thought this may help someone out their that is leary of asking to have their pain controlled properly by medical pros after a surgery or anytime for that matter. Thanks for reading.
advertisement

Comments