Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

well the honeymoon is over

wdwgrannywwdwgranny Posts: 63
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
i had my scs implanted aug 24 09, for lumbat spine they placed it in the thoratic spine by lmaenotomy i have medtronic, 16 paddle?
the pain where they implanted the paddle is now becoming horribale they have adjusted my settings and it feels like some one stabbed me in the back , it aches and gets up to a 10 on pain scale they are doing a mylogram there and lumbar spine because my leg pain and low back pain has continued to increase since implant i had a few good monthns the coverage just isnt there enough any more ,i have increased my pain med and now they are talking about methodone .., yikes..
any one else have this pain where thier implant is not the battery... the lead? thanks

• Please don't give up on the stimulator just yet. Is it possible you tore an anchor or something where your paddle leads are implanted. I don't have surgical leads but I definitely can feel it when my percutaneous leads have been stressed. Maybe the lead has migrated to the point to cause pain and reduce your stimulation field. Has your stimulation changed at all?

• I have waited 2 years to have mine removed.Have them check you out with a regular x-ray and it might show the leads migrating.If not,get your rep to readjust your stimular and try it that way.The last thing you want is removal,I have tried all but am looking at having mine removed.I am sorry you are hurting worse.
  • So sorry to hear you are having such painful problems. Hopefully they will get it figured out and get things right for you again.
    I had my SCS removed in Dec. It was not helping my pain at all. Havinng one removed is much easier than having it implanted. It was a piece of cake.
    But there is still hope. I just went through a 3 day trial for a pain pump implant. I did not want the trial to end! At long last I was free of pain!! For 3 days....no pain!! For 3 whole days no oral pain meds.
    Although you may have to have your SCS removed...there is still hope!

Patsy W