Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

TENS elctrode placement

Heavy Metal 1HHeavy Metal 1 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:43 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hello, first time poster here. I hope to learn and to help others. I do have a question for those experienced with TENS units.

I have an approx T8 area that I find bracketing with TENS electrodes helpful, but I am unable to independently place the electrodes as I can't reach there and also to tape the electrodes in place. I see EMPI makes a low back electrode garment, but according to my rep there is nothing like that for the thoracic area. Does anyone know of such a device or other method of being able to get these things on myself?

advertisement

Comments

• i have been using TENS for years now .and the devices that use tape are very a very old design maybe you should invest in a new unit i can recommend the acticare or an omron device both use reusable self adhesive electrodes if you have sensitive skin purchase the blue version of the pads .PALS make a 50x50mm electrode with blue gel and tyco also make a 50x50 mm electrode with blue gel .i use the tyco as i have found them to be the best .as for placement ..i find either side of the pain works well ..but with the acticare you can place the electrode directly on the spine as it has a few modes that are designed for this without causing any problems .good luck TENS shopping
    STRAKER
  • The electrodes are self stick, but I need to tape them down so they stay secure. The wires need to be taped down so they don't migrate and work their way under the pads. I can still work fortunately but still need to move around some so the electrodes need to stay put.

My main issue is finding a way to place these on myself by myself.

Does anyone know of a garment type device that can be donned that places the electrodes for you in the thoracic area?

Straker, thanks, can you provide web addys of those vendors you recommended?
  • I haven't done this personally but it would seem to me you could use either a heavy ace/elastic bandage or some type of corset. You could fix the pads to the bandage with some double sideed tape or velcro. Then the bandage gets wrapped around you to put the pads in position and also keep them in place when you move.

If you don't have someone crafty in your family go to a fabric store and ask for help. If you go during the day all those crafty ladies would be fighting to offer you suggestions. You would be surprised what they come up with.

Good Luck and let us know what you come up with.