Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Having ACDF surgery next Friday 4/16/10

dolphinloveddolphinlove Posts: 21
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi. I'm new here. Been out with injury for 8 months now thru workers comp and it has been the most painful hell I've ever experienced. I'm finally set for surgery next Friday...having Anterior Cervical Discectomy C5-6 with disc excision and fusion. I have terrible neck pain which also goes into my collar bone area and into my left shoulder, down my left arm into my hand. My right arm is also now being affected to do overuse. Have severe weakness and extreme muscle pain. I've been counting down the days until the surgery.

I have a bone stimulator collar sitting in a box that I'll have to wear for 4 hrs a day for I don't know how long yet. I know I'll be getting another collar but not sure what type or how often/long I'll have to wear it. So far, pain meds haven't worked at all. I can't do anything right now and it suxs!!

I'm hoping someone can tell me what to expect once I wake up from surgery in regards to the pain level and whatnot. I'll have to start PT a week after surgery. I'm wondering just how long it will take to be "back to normal"....NS said avg recovery is about 3 months but upon reading just a little here I'm now concerned that that is not the case. Pls give any advice or help....Thanks so much. Nice to be somewhere where I'm understood!

Tara in CT

• Also wondering what to expect my scar to look like??
  • I've not had a cervical fusion, but had a lumbar fusion 3 weeks ago.
    For me, my recovery has been going much better than I expected. I think I was prepared for the worst, so things seem much better.

Have you looked at the list of useful equipment to have after surgery?
    It is a very long list, and you won't need it all. People seem to have a sore throat for a while after cervical surgery, so make sure you have some soft food available. Also bendy straws.
    I think they will make the incision, so that it falls in a natural crease of your neck.

Others who know more than me will give you answers specific to cervicL fusion.

You will be glad that you found us. We are a friendly group who will provide you withots of information and support.
    Keep asking questions :-)
  • Thanks....I haven't checked out the list. I just joined the site this morning so haven't really navigated around it fully. Thanks for the welcome and for the tip. Glad to hear you are doing well.

I'm hoping to get some info from people who have had this surgery. I'm anxiously awaiting my surgery and I'm really hoping to have my pain be gone as it's been a terrible 8 months and my family has suffered.

I have 2 boys and I've been trying to plan our first ever family vacation. I originally was planning it for Oct this yr but am now planning to move it to next May. I just want to be in the best shape possible so we can enjoy it! Take care!

Tara in CT
  • Hi Tara,

I'm in CT too! I can PM you with where.
    I didn't have a fusion.

I have had 2 surgeries on my lumbar spine (L5S1) and I will tell you the list of prep stuff was very helpful. Specifically, the gripper thing!!!

Hopefully someone with the same surgery can give you an idea. You can read the posts on this board that are similar to your surgery. Remember, everyone's experience & recovery is different. So if you read something scary, don't be too scared but use it to be prepared.

Some helpful things to know. When you wake up from surgery you may be nauseous from being under. If you are, let them know b/c they can give you anti-nausea meds. You'll be thirsty but they won't let you drink right away. I don't know how it works with neck fusions but I know typically when you come out of surgery, they make you blow or suck on this apparatus thing to help clear the anesthesia out of your lungs to avoid Pneumonia...this is an important thing to do.

It sounds like you've tried other options and are ready. Mentally you seem to be in a good place.

• dolphinlove said:
    I've been counting down the days until the surgery.

I'm hoping someone can tell me what to expect once I wake up from surgery in regards to the pain level and whatnot. I'll have to start PT a week after surgery. I'm wondering just how long it will take to be "back to normal"....NS said avg recovery is about 3 months but upon reading just a little here I'm now concerned that that is not the case. Pls give any advice or help....Thanks so much. Nice to be somewhere where I'm understood!

Tara in CT
    Greetings and Salutations Tara, and Welcome to Spine-Health!!! :-)

As you're already discovering, there is a wealth of information on this site by its owners and us "the members." As you can see by my signature below, I have had this surgery as well as additional. I can tell you how mine went, as long as you understand it is *my* experience speaking here, and not professional medical experience.. :-)

By your statement of "counting down the days", that right there tells me you were like many of us, in that the pain, quality of life etc. etc. etc...has met its limit! Sorry to hear you are there, but happy to see that there is hopefully a fix right around the corner.

The bone growth stimulator you have is to help promote faster healing (fusion) after surgery. I was given one around month 3 and wore it daily for about 4 months. It didn't help me much, but too from what I've since learned of it, it is meant for shortly after surgery, not 3 or 4 months later for best affect and help. For you right after surgery, it should be a win - win.

Here is how my C5/6 went. The surgery was about 1 hour and 50 minutes. They placed me in a supine position, and positioned my neck. Once in the position they wanted, they put me in what is called "Gardner-Wells tongs" to maintain this position, they also attached a 10 lb weight. A horizontal incision was made on the left side (surgeons preference here as to what side) of my throat just below the "Adam's Apple" measuring about 50mm (2 inches). They then use a retractor to hold your larynx and muscles out of the way to give clear access to the level affected. They verify the level. They then removed most of my disc material (yep, they don't always take the whole disc out) and some bone spurs that had formed. After that, they put in a cadaver (Allograph) bone mix in a PEEK (cage) was inserted between C5&6. A plate was then placed over and screwed into the C5 and C6 vertebra.

When I awoke I instantly realized there was NO pain, no burning, no numbness anymore! I didn't even really notice any discomfort in my neck or the incision site for that matter! Once I was fully awake they offered me liquids first to be sure I could handle it. No problem there, then they gave me some pudding, again no problem. About an hour after that I was given a light "solid" meal. The next morning I was released from the hospital. I was given a list of instructions such as wearing of my collar (hard one for me - each surgeon is different), weight lifting restrictions, activity restrictions, and told to walk to aid in healing. My first post op was already scheduled for me as well for basically 10 days later.

I felt that I had complete satisfaction and recovery from this level. I would do it again "in a heartbeat" if you will. My incision was placed over a natural crease in my neck, and though *I* can see it, 99% of people will not even notice it once you fully heal. :-) 3 months is reasonable for most cases in my mind. I was released back to light duty at 6 weeks (law enforcement/aviation), and full duty about 6 weeks after that. My surgeon told me to "let my body" tell me what I can and can't do once released to full "normal" activities. I wasn't released if you will to (exaggerating here) Sumo wrestling and base jumping till a year had past and fusion was deemed "solid."

I hope this helps you out. Remember we are all different, but this is what I went through. Take care, and please keep us posted on how it goes, and how you are doing. Again, Welcome aboard!!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    I think you will be surprised how much of your pain will be gone when you wake from surgery.....its a godsend. Your going to think ahhhhh, relief at last!!!!
    Or should I say that was my experience. Recovery all depends on the person, I was back at work in 4 weeks ( I work a desk job) so no lifting was required. I also wore the spinal stim. unit although it is not a fashion statement it makes for good conversation. The only time I knew the thing was on was when I was on the telephone, you can hear it through the phone clicking away. Good luck on your surgery and keep us posted of your progress, feel free to PM me anytime
  • Thanks for your comments Brenda and Susan! I am a bit more relieved now. Brenda...most of what you went through sounds exactly like what they've told me I will be going through. Except they gave me a longer time for the entire procedure. Now I know that I've made the right decision in postponing our trip. That way..I'll be just a bit over a yr at the trip time so I shouldn't have any concerns then (hoping).

I can't tell you both what a help it's been to know your experiences and I will be sure to check in after wards once I'm able. Thanks again.....feeling better just knowing a bit more what to expect...makes it seem less scary having surgery and I know things can only get better from here!

Tara in CT
  • Tara,

I'm very happy that we were able to help ease some of your concerns. The time for the procedure I gave you was the OR time, not the "come to the hospital, get prepped, surgery, recovery and back to your room. (G) My first fusion *that* time frame was 0600-1430. The second one was around 0600-1700.

To echo Susan, yeppers, each of us are different, so please of course just use ours as a "gusti-mate" of what's to come. I'll send positive vibes your way for a smooth transition to the "healing side" of the house. Take care. :-)

• what Brenda and Susan said. I will add that warm liquids felt better to me than anything cold. The first day I was home, my husband bought me a smoothie from Smoothie King and it hurt going down. However, the warm chicken broth did feel better. Also, it felt like I had been hit in the adam's apple--you know that feeling? But the pain relief in the arm, shoulder, etc was instant from the moment I woke up.

Blessings to you,
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    My ACDF was a relatively easy surgery. Very little surgical pain as the surgery is done through the front of the neck and thus muscles aren't dissected to get to the spine. They do move your windpipe to the side a bit so many people wake up with a sore throat. Mine lasted about 24 hours and felt like a typical sore throat. They gave me Cepacol lozenges and they worked well.

I had the bone growth stimulator and wore it for 4 hours per day. I have one now for my lumbar surgery 2 months ago. Wearing the cervical bone growth stimulator is so easy so I don't even remember how long but I want to say 3-4 months.

The scar is not very visible. It will be horizontal on your neck. Many surgeons aim to get it into a natural crease in your neck. Keep the scar covered to avoid any sun exposure and it will heal well. I bought a 30 spf lip balm (I think it was Banana Boat) and when the scar was healing I would put the lip balm over it whenever I was out and re-apply hourly.

You'll have people ask you about the scar. I've gotten "thyroid or ACDF?" as a question a lot and you'll then see how many have actually had it done.

I woke up from the ACDF with the pain down my arm gone. I did have some muscle spasms so I made sure I had muscle relaxants prescribed just in case. I had an ASPEN brace and had to wear it 24/7 for 6 weeks. Not comfortable but not awful. If you get an Aspen which has "pads" you can call any prosthetic company that deals in Aspen braces and ask for a second set. I think I paid. $20 for the second set and used it so I could wash one set and wear one set at the same time. Other braces are different so once you know what kind you can post here and others who have used that type will be able to help you with comfort issues.

Best of luck!
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • Tara,

I just had the same surgery (ACDF on C5/C6) on March 12, 2010. So, I cannot tell you the long term results. I am still in the recovery phase.

My profile picture shows the sideview of the plate put into my spine at between C5 and C6. I have not figured out how to upload pictures to be seen in pages on this forum. So, on my facebook page under "Mobile Uploads" I have a few pictures I took immediately after the surgery of the incision on my neck. It is much better now four weeks later and I need to take another picture to upload. It is about two inches long.

My pain prior to the surgery was not as bad as what you seem to be experiencing. But, it sounds like your surgeons now fairly well where your pain is originating from! Mine is complex due to an auto accident and has been difficult to actually locate the source.

I do not know the average recovery time. I still have some restrictions on driving (ie no pain meds and no soft collar). I also need to walk between one and two miles a day. And, I use a Bone Growth Stimulator for 1/2 hour every night. The one I use was meant for lumbar fusion but is adapted for cervical use. Your surgeon knows best for your situation.

Overall, it should get better after you wake up from surgery. Also, take a look at the list of items you might want to consider getting before your surgery.
  • Welcome to Spine-Health. There's a lot of information on this site you might want to check out concerning an ACDF. There's also a video on the site showing what they do (it's animated, so it's not gross.)

I've had a 3-lvl ACDF and beforehand, I experienced the same arm issues that you describe. When I woke up after my surgery, all of it was gone. That's a really great feeling.

I don't have much to add to what the others have told you, but I think you'll be happy with the results once you wake up from surgery.

My scar is vertical because of how many levels they had to work on, but it's not noticable at all now. With a one-level ACDF, I suspect yours will be horizontal like said above, in a nature crease in your neck. One person told me that their surgeon said he'd put the incision in the crease of her neck. She said "I don't have a crease in my neck..." and her surgeon replied, "Well, when you have one, it'll be in it." LOL

Take care, Tara. Good luck on your surgery and be sure to keep us updated.
  • Thanx again to everyone who has posted here! You have all been such a huge help and I appreciate it more then you know.

I would like to check out that list of stuff to bring for surgery but have no clue where I can find it. So I'm hoping one of you can point me in the right direction!!

Gonna be short as pain is bad today.....5 more days and counting! Take care and talk soon!

Tara in CT

ps. LOL We'd all like to think we have zero creases in our necks!!! ha ha ha...wish they could do something about my double chin while I'm in there! LOL
  • At the top of this forum you can find a Sticky which points to the list of must haves. Take a look and determine things you might need.

Here is a link to this thread: http://www.spine-health.com/forum/back-surgery-and-neck-surgery/post-op-must-haves-0

One of the items I cannot do without is some long straws which are hard to find. I think I found some on Amazon. I found the longest ones I could and this allowed me to cut them down to sizes I needed for various cups.
  • Thanks Gerry for the list....wow. I was shocked at how long the list was. Most of which I don't have and won't worry about. There were a few things I didn't think of like button tops that I'll have to look for this week.

Luckily, my husband is taking the first 3 weeks off so he'll be here with me. I'm hoping I can still wear my contacts though...glasses are broken and don't see them getting fixed before Friday! I can't do so many things now so I guess what little I can do now, I won't be able to do ANYTHING after surgery! ha ha

Thanks again!
    Tara in CT
  • We should've mentioned that the list of post-op must-haves aren't truly total must-haves.

The list for ACDF is also a bit shorter than a lumbar surgery.

I've found my most people's ACDF post-op needs are grabbers, recliner (or a good set-up on the couch or bed as it can be difficult to lay flat the first few weeks), a table near where you'll be stationed, preferably a table with wheels that you can heighten and lower), straws (long and/or bendy), comfortable lounge pants and button-up shirts, and solid footwear so no chance of tripping and falling.

Be prepared for a soar throat by having some soft foods and liquids to eat in cast you have trouble swallowing. And be sure to have dressings and tape ready as you'll be changing the bandage every day.

Don't forget to get some things to keep you busy, too, because after a couple of weeks when you feel better, you'll still have strict restrictions and will need some things to keep you busy so you aren't tempted to over do it. Things like puzzle books, a video game, books, movies, etc.

A shower chair also came in handy as my husband helped with showering, but most importantly with washing my hair so I didn't have to bend my head back to rinse.

I'm very happy to hear that you'll be having round-the-clock care (I was lucky enough to have that after my ACDF too), so you shouldn't need to premake any meals and freeze them.

Anyway, these are some important things that come to mind and I'm sure others will chime in with what they couldn't live without after they're ACDF. It really can vary from person to person.

So, hope some of this helps. You'll be lucky because if you find you need something, you'll have hubby to go and get one for you.

Take care,
  • Having your hubby at home for the first 3 weeks will be a great help.

Mine goes back to work tomorrow after 3 weeks at home helping me. He has been wonderful and I will miss him. It will be the next step in my recovery though, so that is good. Apart from all the help, he's been great company too. :-)

wishing you well for Friday. We'll be waiting to hear from you as to how things go.
  • Thanx everyone for your comments and well wishes for Friday. I appreciate them so very much. Starting to worry a bit about after wards now...just the fact that I knew I'd have restrictions but am now wondering if I'll be able to get around myself and/or do anything at all?? But whatever the recovery holds as long as this pain is gone I will be fine.

I don't have a laptop so it may be a short bit until I'm able to sit here and type and let everyone know how things went and how I'm doing....only time will tell the when!! lol So, don't think I've forgotten and I will get online as soon as I'm able to!

Hugs to you all and talk soon!

Tara in CT
  • The one thing I had not considered before my surgery was my kids spring break was after my surgery.

Yes, it is enjoyable to have them around. But, when they are ages 9 and 5 they can get load, active, and very annoying. It was a blessing when they went back to school and I could get some quite time without them around.

I am not saying anything about them as being bad. It is just the constant noise, movements, and sibling complaints that get to you very quickly!
  • LOL I hear that! Well, I have 2 boys...one is 5 gonna be 6 in Nov and he's in half day Kindergarten and his spring break is now..this week...the other is 11 gonna be 12 in July and his spring break is next week (19-23) so it's gonna start right after I get home I'm sure!! At least for next week I'll have a good almost 3 hrs without my youngest so I'll get a brief bit of peace then. Thankfully with having my husband be home...just gonna have him take them outside if I need to get some peace and rest. Hoping the weather will hold up so they can be outside!! Guess we'll see how it goes!

For the ladies out there.....curious, I have long, very thick/course hair...how did you guys deal with trying to dry your hair??? I can just barely do it by myself right now and usually flip my head over which I obviously won't be able to do for god knows how many weeks...any tips or tricks?? Oh, did I mention it takes forever to dry.....not looking forward to that part!

Tara in CT
  • Hi Tara,

I had the same surgery at a NYC hospital (Don;t know if I can name it here?)...Mine was nine weeks ago. It went perfect. I had ACDF W/peek. I stayed in the hospital for three days..The post op pain was the most I had to deal with..Lots of shoulder muscle pain. The Vicadin took care of that. I was back at work after 5 weeks. I had to deal with commuting to NYC from the suburbs of NY and that was not good. I had stifness in the shoulder, but gradually that went away. I had no swallowing issue. Overall, I am very glad I did the surgery. I will do it over again. Prior to that, I had sever arm/neck/shoudler pain. That went away as soon as I was out of surgery. Sometimes I think the shoudler I have time and again is the same pain I had prior. However, one or two tylenl takes care of it. Prior , not even vicaodn will do anything..So it's muscle pain. Overll. it's a safe surgery and again I will do it in an heartbeat. Good look with yours and you will do well. Our Thoughts and prayers are with you. Fell free to PM me if you need to aks any other questions..

God Bless,
  • Hi Tara..
    Firstly,I wish u good luck. This surgery is tough. I had a 3 level C3-6 ,Skyline Plate,8 screws,and other things done as I had a very severe case.
    The scar should go in the skin folds of your neck so dont worry too much about that. The incision is a few inches long.You will have to wear that collar 24/7..while sleeping and all for a few months. I used the bone stimulator too,I fused ahead of schedule so I think it helped me.It will be over b4 u know it and u should get immediate pain relief..i did.

Best of luck..
  • Best of luck on your upcoming surgery this Friday! I will definately keep you and your family as well as your medical team in my thoughts and prayers.

I had a lumbar fusion, but my husband had a cervical fusion a few years ago. He was in the hospital overnight. His office is out of our home, so he actually went back to work after a few weeks. His pain is totally gone and it has been several years (4-5). His index finger on his right hand is a bit numb, but it doean't affect him in daily life.

I hope this helps. You may want to plan to have a "quiet play zone" in your house, so that your boys know when you are in that "zone", (be it your bed, recliner, ect), it's a time of books, puzzles, legos's etc. That may help during the early days of your recovery.

Try to do something fun each day this week. Lunch or happy hour with friends, shopping with a girlfriend, dinner with your hubby. Friday will be here before you know it and you will be on your way to recovery and your vacay! Shari
  • The hair and blow drying...gosh, what us women worry about. I have fine hair and need to flip it upside down to get any volume. Even with lumbar surgery, it's a no-no.

So...hubby tried to help. But turns out hair stylist is something he isn't so good at despite the A for effort.

I did the best I could and realized visitors would love me the way I was. Then when I had to start going out, I did the best I could and used hairspray and whatever it took and just thought "oh well"...put on some make up and tried to look put together from a clothes perspective and told myself not to look in a mirror for the day.

Good luck with that.

p.s. I sent replied to your PM. You are near by so if you need anything, I can certainly try to help.
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    After the ACDF you won't be required to stay in bed. You'll want to move around as much as possible and you shouldn't feel too restricted. I had mine on a Wednesday, came home from the hospital that Friday and my hubby was home for the weekend. He went back to work Monday and I just made sure I had everything I needed within reach (milk at my level and not in a gallon jug, etc). I found one reclining chair in my home was the most comfortable. So I did much of my sitting there. The biggest mistake I made was sitting around too much. When I went back to work at 6 weeks I was so deconditioned that the walk from my car to my desk was the worst part of my day. So the next time I had surgery I made sure to get clearance from my doctor and started on my treadmill on day 5. I started with 5 minutes at 1 mph. I added 1 minute a day until I got to 30 minutes and gradually worked up to 2-3 mph.

Please keep in mind that lumbar fusion surgery is a more difficult recovery and can require a lot of time in bed as you can't sit too much. But with an ACDF that is not the case. Many of the items on the list won't be needed by you, but may be needed for those with lumbar fusion. For example, I had a toilet seat riser for my recent lumbar fusion but this would not be needed after an ACDF.

After my ACDF I was able to drive at 6 weeks (when the brace came off). One key thing I did is bought a easily removable rear view mirror that expanded my view behind me (more panoramic). I leave it on but my hubby removes it when he drives my car.

For both my ACDF and my recent lumbar fusion I just let my hair dry naturally. It wasn't worth drying as it would sufficiently dry on it's own after a while. Ever since my ACDF I have tried to avoid flipping my head over to dry as I don't want to have further neck problems, Maybe see if your stylist can give you tricks that will help, maybe a dryer diffuser end also.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • Since my lumbar fusion, every day seems to be a bad hair day.
    Partly because I can't dry my hair in the way I usually would, but mostly because I keep havi g to lie down.

I'm looking forward to being able to spend more time sitting, and in an upright position.
    I've got lots of books to read, but find it tiring holding up the book when I'm lying on my back.

So much time but so little I can do!!!
  • Tara, good luck tomorrow on your surgery. Your life will be much better after you wake up. I do not know how you handle anesthesia, but you might ask them to add something to help from get sick (ie throwing up) after the surgery just to be on the safe side.

The worst part of the surgery is the anticipation of what you do not know will happen next. Hopefully sometime tonight you will be able to sit down and just relax knowing that all your preparations that you could do are finished and starting tomorrow it will be up to your husband and helpful friends to help with many of the daily tasks you have been doing. It should not take long to recover. You will fill much better and think you can do more than what is recommended. Please keep this in mind. Do not go above the lifting restrictions and please follow all of their recommendations.

Our prayers are with you for tomorrow!

Try to get some sleep tonight. Hopefully the knowledge of it finally being time might just relax you enough to get a good nights sleep.
  • Tara,
    I just had the ACDF procedure (6-7) with fusion and hardware on 4-1. The recovery room I was more sore than in terrible pain. They keep your pain under control (gave me a pump that I could hit I think every 10-15 minutes)I had a bunch of itching but the worst for me was being afraid of throwing up. When I tried to walk the first day I was very dizzy/sick to my stomache. So tell the nurse asap if you feel like this. They gave me a shot right on the spot.
    My shoulders hurt worse than the incision. It was like a burn almost, sort of hard to explain. That part I still have today ( at 2 weeks post op) but the pain is managable. Popsicles will be your best friend. I lived on them for about a week so have someone friend/family get a few boxes before you get home. JHust sooths your throat. Mine throat did not hurt that bad, just felt sort of clogged like something was stuck in it, that is almost gone now as long as I do not try to awallow anything too hard. You are going to do just fine, I know how scary it is. The unexpected is a terrible thing. But like all the others told me, anticipation is worse that the surgery - IT IS TRUE. Hang in there. You have the best group of people I have ever met praying for you. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!
  • Thanks Gerry and sparkledct! I'm not nervous for the procedure since I know what they are going to do. Like you said, I'm getting a little more anxious about the after wards part. Even though it's been a tremendous help to hear of everyone's stories so I have an idea in mind. Not so much of what the "pain" will or will not be like, more about what happens next...with the collar and all that. Just because I don't know yet.

I'm more bothered by the fact that I can't eat or take my medicine and it's in the afternoon. Feeling sick to my stomach at the thoughts that I'm gonna actually BE sick to my stomach....not eating. That part really sux. But anyhow, I'll get through it somehow...think I'm gonna ask about the nausea meds....will prob need them!

This site has been a lifesaver....and the few that have posted here...I appreciate all the thoughts, feelings, advice and prayers....I truely do. Thank you and will be in touch soon.

Tara in CT
  • Tara,

Like others said, just try to relax if you can tonight, and know (pretty well know right?) how it will turn out. Please let us know how your doing when able. *HUG* Take care, and again, good luck!!!