Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello from Canada

babyruthbbabyruth Posts: 260
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in New Member Introductions
Congratulations on your health care reform, I think it's absolutely wonderful to hear that all Americans now have access to quality health care. I don't wish to stir up any political issues here, I'm just saying I think it's great. As a Canadian that is all that I'm used to - everyone being covered.

Anyway, I'm 47 and have had 3 surgeries to date - L5/S1 (left), L4/L5 (right), and L4/L5/S1 (left and right) fusion with instrumentation for recurrent disk and spinal stenosis and spondylolisthesis. I've been off work for a year and a half since this last surgery, the fusion and am worried about the slow progress I am making in physio. How many people, roughly speaking, go back to work after 3 major spine surgeries? I am also now experiencing mid-back pain that I have never had before. I do have a prominent disk bulge at T10/T11 however, so it may be coming from that. It ever-so-gently abuts the spinal cord but there is no loss of spinal cord integrity at the moment. My spine is a mess I think :(

I decided to join this forum tonight because I have sciatic pain into my ankles and I was just looking through the web and stumbled upon this site. Looks like a neat site.

• I'm sorry to hear your having more issues after having 3 surgeries already. I hope they find out what's going on and can help you out soon. Have you checked out a dermatome chart to see where the issues are causing the sciatica? There's great support here and lots of info so make yourself at home. There are a few of us Canadians aboard SH has well as others across the globe also. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Babyruth,

A hearty welcome to the site!!! It was nice getting to chat with you tonight! Sorry to hear that you are having more pain issues. Hopefully you will be able to find out what is causing it, and give you relief! Please have a "searching" look around. You might find answers that help. Please keep us posted on how things are going for you! Take care, and again Welcome aboard!!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you stopped by. i am sorry you are having sciatica in your ankles. i have found Lyrica to be a big help in my case. talk to your doctor if you are interested. :-C good luck and i hope you are feeling better soon. Jenny :)