Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

YeeHaw! 3 months and all is well!!!

texascowgirlttexascowgirl Posts: 535
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
3 weeks post-op today,my spine is fusing well,and no more brace!!!Hopefully being able to move around more will mean I can work harder at keeping "THE BEAST" away!Jim H.and I have been talking about specials ways to cope with the Beast-we are going to defeat that %^&&**!!!!!!!!Just wanted to let my spineys know

• Happy for you that you don't need the brace anymore. Keep that beast at bay. I hope you heal completely from your surgery. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • So pleased for you Jeannie :-)
    Hope you don't feel too naked without the brace.

Now you are well on your way to your better life. I am so pleased for you.
    What will you do to celebrate?
  • Its says 3 mos in the sunject line, then 3 weeks in the message. I assume its mos though if you got the ok to take off your brace.

I am having my 3 mos post op tomorrow and am hoping to get some positive news. It's been hard and still have my bad days...

Glad to hear you are doing good.
  • oops-it is months-jen-please let me know how it goes tomorrow-I am praying for good news for you as well
  • Thanks So much, I sure will. Keep going strong!
  • Glad to hear you are fusing!! Are you having any pain issues? Be careful and don't overdo. Lynette
  • Good on ya Jeannie..and I for one hope ya do feel nekkid without yer brace on. Hehe..it feels good doesn't it?? I'm proud as I can be for you!

Much Aloha,
  • That is fantastic Jeannie! So glad to hear you are fusing and all is well!

That is excellant you can stop wearing the much love corset! :0

So, so happy for you!!

Did he say anything about the deep aching?

Congrat's my friend!! Shari
  • Excellent news! Its always good to have a fellow spiney/neckie report the good news!
  • congrat texas, glad to hear your good news, but after wearing these things so long wouldnt you feel kinda naked. lol happy for you
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    Just don't go kickin your shoes off an start dancin!
    Jim :D
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • thank you all my friends!!!!Yes,I do feel naked,like I have forgotten something!!It felt so good to streeeeeeeetch----the deep aching is the muscles readjusting to being moved around so much,and then not moving during the first weeks of recovery.They gave me a pain refill without me asking,so I am glad of that--I told him regular Tylenol does not even touch it.I may go to PT for some deep tissue massage if I cant work the soreness out significantly with the freedom from the brace.Fortunately Hydro helps with the ache/pain without making me loopy.He said I can do some Yoga stretches too,which is good.I still get fatigued pretty easily,so hopefully I won't do the Flamenco next time I eat Mexican food.---I could not have made it this far without you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • So happy for you Jeannie! Hopefully, the deep aching will get better. I have it too and sometimes I think it is worse than the nerve pain :(

Enjoy being without your brace, much less sweaty!! :) xxxx Shari
  • You are ready for some really warm summer weather now, without the extra layer of the brace :-)