Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ssd concerning employer

in painiin pain Posts: 11
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Hi I was wondering what sort of recourse i have concerning my employer not releasing my last day that I was able to work. My ssd is moving along as well as it can but the snag is that my employer won't release this info. What should I do to get them to release the info to my ssd attorney?


  • Its seem that your last check stub should work.That all I used.

  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    Your employer should be willing to, at a minimum, confirm your beginning date of employment and last date of employment. I would suggest you write a letter, registered mail, requesting this information and then if they respond provide this to SS
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • Thank you for your responses. I rarely throw paperwork away but my drawer had gotten so full i unfortunely had shredded my last pay stub. Of course my place of employment is being as always real a--holes about everything, and dragging there feet,when you ask for something. Not to bad mouth anyone but the corporate system of XYZ is a real joke!!

    Edited by Tamtam
  • Okay, so you shredded it. Did you have your pay put to you via "direct deposit" by chance? If so, your employer name is on the deposit of pay. I believe you can use those records to show when pay terminated? Just a thought. Take care. :-)

    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Employers are required to do payroll reports monthly or quarterly, depending on their payroll volume. If it has been long enough, the state you live in should have a report that will show your last payroll. Check with your unemployment office first, and then move to the state department of labor. Between the two, you should be able to find the info you need. :)
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    If you have a friend who is an attorney ask them to send a letter requesting the information. I had an issue with my home owners association when I moved out in 2001. 3 months later they wanted to assess me a special fee. I had a friend who was an attorney write a letter for me and the problem was resolved immediately.

    Unfortunately a check stub may not work as there is no way of showing that the pay-through date is the final date of work.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • I noticed you said your SSD Attorney was having issues getting the information. They need to do their job and send a subpeona for the records. Now if it is SSDI they will get all the records they need. On ssd the state has access to the records as well. In my state they report quarterly as the sate collects taxes then and many business licenses won't be renewed till the information comes in. So for example if they sell alcohol they can't continue to sell liquor as the license is null and void and ATF is all over them and locks it up.
  • Tamtam is right. That is the attorneys job. It's nice if you can help out but why aren't they handling this?

    From personal experience I would suggest taking a look at this attorney. I had to switch attorneys for my car accident and for my husbands case. Don't be afraid to demand service and if you aren't happy get some other opinions.
Sign In or Register to comment.