Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Post ALIF-Severe pain behind both knees and loss of range of motion in legs

shannon oharasshannon ohara Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I am 42 years old and just had my second back surgery.
ALIF S1-L4 two weeks ago. My back feels pretty good I am happy to say. However Im having some issue with burning behind both knees and if I am standing I can not bend my legs, cant even come clos to getting my leg to a 90 degree angle. Feels like nerve pain, does nto at all feel muscular. Started about 1 week after surgery. Anyone else expreience this?

• to tell weather the surgery has been a success give it more time my surgeon told me that if i had a multi level 360 degree fusion it would take me 12 months to recover from the initial surgery and a further 2 years to get as well as i can be {thats why i am not having any more surgery i have already has 2 lots and i am still in pain all the time my life has been ruined .i hope that you have a speedy recovery but just be patient and let thing run there course it will take a long time for things to settle down .and when you are feeling better do yourself a favor ...dont over do it ..otherwise you will find yourself back in the ER !!
  • Have you called your surgeon to discuss this with him?

You are very early in recovery from a big surgery. You will feel all kinds of new aches and pains as you begin to heal. However, I have not heard of anyone being unable to bend her leg. The burning behind the knees is not unusual...that is nerve pain, but I can't think of any good reason why you cannot bend your leg at the knee.

Hopefully someone else will have had something similar and will have some suggestions.

When in doubt, call your surgeon!