Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I just got O.K.ed for surgery tomorrow

j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
The cardio- pulmonary Dr. didn't like my irregular heartbeat. And has had me on pins and needles. This scs, ipg has been sticking out of my back for almost 3 mo. I just came back from the appointment with him. And he gave the go ahead for the surgery to take out the old loose one and put a new eon-mini. But I then get a call from the surgery scheduler and they had to move me from 7:30 am to 11:30 am. I guess something HAS to go wrong!
I just can't believe the insurance took almost 3 mo. to approve. And the warden (Patti, my wife) will make damn sure I have to suffer with no coffee! ~X(
But the surgery scheduler said to take my normal meds with a sip of liquid, And that meant coffee RIGHT??? image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" />
Jim :D
Click my name to see my Medical history
You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!

• Nothing like lots of warning, right?

Good luck to you tomorrow. I know you will be glad to finally get in there and get things taken care of.

I'll be thinking of you, sending positive thoughts and energy your way.

• Jim,

Glad to hear that things are finally rolling for you! I will send positive thoughts your way. Pills with a "sip" of coffee, hummm... hehehe I bet "Patti" says NOPE to that! (G) Good luck Jim! :-)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I really do hate insurance companies! Thats one thing I haven't missed since I have been off work is being on hold with them!!

Glad to hear you are moving foward and can get this taken care of. Lynette
  • I'm glad it moving forward finally. I didn't have my lumbar surgery until 3:30pm - boy, that's really awful. 7:30 would've been better, but at least it's in the morning.

I'll be thinking of you and anxious to see your post on the other side.

Take care of yourself (like you'll have a choice with the warden around :-)).

• Best wishes for a successful surgery, hoping you will be more comfortable very soon,
    take care,
  • best of luck to you tomorrow. love these places they take their sweet time and then they tell ya ok tomorrow the day, nothing like a little bit of notice uh. good luck.
  • Prayers for you tomorrow and hope they get the stimulation in the right place from the get go. Coffee is sometimes nice in the afternoon. Hope you can wait until then! Take care and hope you have a restful night. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Best wishes for a successful replacement of your IPG. I look forward to your report once you are able.

• Best wishes...I'm glad I got to see this.
    Since you are banned from coffee, you are probably asleep already but if you get this, good luck!

The warden is doing a great job! You are very lucky.
  • Jim,

Just so the coffee doesn't get wasted or left out tomorrow we will have a extra cup for you and send some positive vibes your way all goes well. Take care.
  • GREAT news Jim ! :)

One member here who I can't recall their user name, had back surgery in the last few months and when she got to the hospital for the surgery, was in her room and waiting, they sent her HOME to wait for about 3 to 4 more hrs as of a OR back up :jawdrop:

So be grateful yours was just pushed around a little lol ;)

Thoughts/prayers are with you :)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • Hi Jim

Hope all goes well for your surgery and good that it's going to be in the morning.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • Jim,

Just wear the red pumps, it will take your mind off the coffee :D Best wishes on the surgery. I hope it is over and done with quickly.

• Jim for this morning.
    Hope everything goes to plan and that afterwards your pain is managed well.

My warden (Mr Jellyhall) went back to work yesterday and I'm missing him!

I can see your new life just on the horizon, over the mountains Jim, you are getting closer. Once there, you can have unlimited coffee!!

Do let us know how you get on.
  • About a month ago my daughter had tubes put in her ear. In the waiting room I watched them send a guy home because he had a half glass of water that morning before surgery. His wife wanted to kill him!

Well good luck today. I wonder what other devices you could run on that power pack?? Hmmm or should I say hummmm. lol
  • Much luck and many prayers!