Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

kyadog115kkyadog115 Posts: 266
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi All..
Well, everybody was right, nothing to it.Once given the I.V and then wheeled to O.R, it was over before I knew they did it. I was able to ask the surgeon whether it being done Bilaterally or what. As I told him I was having pain in both hips,left leg. It was actually scheduled for the left side but then he told me he was doing it in the center in hopes the medication would help both sides.
I'm home now and my right side still is painful,it's hard to tell yet if it helped relieving pain anywhere else. He told me to do normal things and that I didnt need to ambulate. I have to call him in about a week.He finally did say the disc was herniated but that this disc is small...whatever that means, and then he did go to say that perhaps from the micro'D in09 there was some left over potrusion.
If this does not rectify my issues, I'm going to discuss fusion with him. During the other office visit b4 this injection he mentioned another Micro....I dont wanna have to keep going thru this and want the best chance at a permanent fix....agree?
Thanks for all the support..

• Doesn't it feel great that it is over with?
    Well done. Now rest and relax. I hope that you get the relief you hoped for.
  • hi paul
    so glad it went good i think the waiting and worry about something we have never gone thru is the worse feeling..
    relax and hope you get some relief
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • I'm happy for you everything went well. I hope you get some relief from the injection. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thanks everybody.......i'm going to chill on the couch..w/some Oxy !
  • See...that's the great thing about these forums. After reading all kinds of stories, you're anticipating the worst. Then you go through it and it isn't nearly as bad as you were expecting it to be.

A couple more times and you won't even have needle anxiety, right??

Seriously, I am very happy that it turned out to be no big deal. Take it easy for a couple days so you get the maximum bang for the buck, so to speak. ;)
  • As is usually the case with us, the anticipation is worse than the procedure itself and I'm glad you found that to be the case.

Personally, I don't care if he says you could jump to the moon, I'd take it easy for a few days to get the maximum value out of the meds.

I hope this works for you. If not, then let the discussions of further treatment begin.