Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Headache after Myelogram Question

adambaadamb Posts: 46
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Spinal Injections
I had a Myelogram Monday started getting headache about two hrs later, then on monday it seemed to get better but tuesday this morning it was extrememly painful and we had to call 911 for an ambulence. I had some meds injected into me, Volume and then another pain injection which is stronger then morphine not quite sure what it is called. I feel better right know. My main concern as monday went I started to feel better but got worse, so has any one had there headache subside and then come back worse.

If it does comeback the Neuro Radiologist who did the injection at Duke said I will need to comeback. Evidentally I have had a spinal leak for two years since my first surgery, I had only a minor reaction wich went away in a day. They just found this chronic leak ater the Monday Test which has been there since my surgery in 08. Know there may be another leak from Mondays Myelogram. So two leaks know in two different areas. Even if the headaches subside is this concerning down the line I am wondering?

• I'm not sure why they did not do a blood patch when you went in from your 911 call. I had a dural leak after a mylegram too. Got the horrible headaches. Walked in to the front desk at the hospital and told them what happened. Nurse came out and got me right away. Told me I was getting a blood patch, anesthesiologist was on his way. 30 minutes later blood patch done and headache minor.

I'm surprised they didn't do that right away since they know they did your myelogram.

Now finding your leak from your surgery in 08 may take a bit more effort.

• ended up back at Hospital on thursday getting the Blood Patch, It seems to have worked although the headaches still kind of come on when I stand up or move to fast I hope this just part of the process.
    The ER DR said they would not do a blood patch unless I came in on my hands and knees and could barely function. The medicine they gave me did nothing, so I almost drove the 3hrs to Duke but there was no way to get in the car for that long, so just went to a local hospital.