Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spinal Leak from a Surgery 2 yrs ago just found

adambaadamb Posts: 46
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:43 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hang with me here,I had a Myelogram Monday started getting headache about two hrs later, then on monday it seemed to get better but tuesday this morning it was extrememly painful and we had to call 911 for an ambulence. I had some meds injected into me, Volume and then another pain injection which is stronger then morphine not quite sure what it is called. I feel better right know. My main concern as monday went I started to feel better but got worse, so has anyone had there headache subside and then come back worse.
Evidentally I have had a spinal leak for two years since my first surgery, I had only a minor reaction wich went away in a day. They just found this chronic leak ater the Monday Test which has been there since my surgery in 08. Know there may be another leak from Mondays Myelogram. So two leaks know in two different areas. Even if the headaches subside is this concerning down the line I am wondering?

If it does comeback the Neuro Radiologist who did the injection at Duke said I will need to comeback for a Blood Patch, in which they will do a CT scan in order to make sure they inject me in the right area. What is the worse is sitting and this headache is extrememly painful and driving to Duke is 3 hrs away, that could be very painful.
advertisement

Comments

• SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    Curious, how do they know the leak they found it's from this past myelogram? Is it in a different location?

I had a spinal fluid leak after my 1993 fusion. They put me back in the hospital with an intrathecal shunt which diverted some of the fluid so the dura tear could heal. It took 10 days but seems to have held since then.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • when they did the surgery in 2008 I had severe headache, on about the third day, but with some medicine, and lying on my back being more inverted it went away and never came back. When they did the Myelogram CT scan on monday they noticed in the L4/5 region that there appears to be a chronic leak from the fusion surgery. Since I have had no issues since the surgery the current Dr.'s feel it was the Myelogram just this past Monday done in the L1/2 region which is causing the headaches.

So I got the blood patch yesterday, and although there are minor headaches with certain maovements nothing to what I was going through for 4 days. Now I am just praying it all heals up quickly.