Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

looking for support and understanding...

JannieGJJannieG Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello everyone,
My name is Janice and I'm 33. I started having back problem back in 2006 when I was serving in the Army. In 2007 I was medically discharged and then underwent a Plif (L5-S1) in Sept. 2008. Everything seemed to be mending wonderful until I hit the 15 month mark and all jello broke lose. I had been trying to deal with the pain but it has gotten to the point that I knew something was wrong. My General Practice doctor sent me in for x-rays last Thursday. I was right I've got problems again, she was able to tell me that one of my screws is lose and I have 4mm slip cents my last x-ray back in January of 09. Now what all this means I'm not to sure most likely a nother surgery. She has placed a order for a MRI and I will go in for that on the 28Th of this month and a console with neurosurgery and the date for that has yet to be set.But I'm a mess with this news because I feel like I'm starting all over again with back problems. Thats were the support and understanding comes from. I went through everything last time pertty much on my own. My hubby is a wonderful support and always there for me but I learned I need more then that and thats why I'm here.
So thanks to everyone who read through this whole thing because I babble sometimes..lol And I look forward to posting and getting to know others there.

• I've been told myself that I've had a few screws loose :D, but I'm not sure they were referring to my back. Lol. I was just 8-10 months past my second surgery when it became more clear that I'd be heading towards another. yah, It's a bummer. It's frustrating. It's maddening. But I resigned myself to the fact that I had to have another one. This is probably of no help to you, but I'm only sharing my experience. If you gotta have another one you gotta have another one. Hopefully this next one, if you have to haveanother surgery, will put you in a better place than where you are now.

I am assuming you served in the US Army ... Even though I am not American I wanted to take some time to thank you for your service to your country. Men and women like yourselves who offer their own lives in the service and protection of others are extraordinary people IMHO.
  • Janice,

Welcome to Spine Health. I am sorry to see you are looking at another surgery. Lots of folks need hardware or surgical revision. I don't thinks it's all that uncommon. I know that doesn't make you feel better. But after several surgeries and procedures myself, I know how you feel. This site offers tremendous support and some of the best and most caring people I have ever met. Be sure to keep us posted.

Also the search feature at the top of the page can make it easy to find procedures, etc.

Thank you also for your service to our country. Without you, there would more than likely, be no US.

Best Wishes,
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so sorry to hear you may be going through another surgery!! that is very discouraging i am sure!! please drop by anytime and take advantage of your SH friends when you need to!!! :D lots of luck! Jenny :)
  • Thank you all for the warm welcome.

It's nice to interact with fellow back pain sufferers because people that don't have back problem sometimes just don't get how hard it is to deal with and how it can turn your world upside down.

I'm tyring to keep a good outlook on everything even though I have not been told I have to have surgery again. I have been down this waiting road before and this time I'm speeding, but I know all the road signs...lol

I will keep everyone posted on how things progress.Thanks again for the welcome.
  • Welcome to Spine-Health. Be sure to check out the rest of the site where there are some great articles and videos. They can be very helpful.

You've learned what we've all learned during our spiney journeys - that nobody can understand what it's like to have spine problems like those that have them. My husband and friends are all very supportive too, and I'm very lucky to have that as some don't.

I know it's difficult sometimes to keep our spirits and hopes up when we go through so much, so keep it up. When you have one of those days, we'll be here to help you, that's partly what we're here for. The forum members are very friendly, supportive and knowledgeable and I hope you stick around and make some friends and get support and help when you need it. And with your history, it's quite possible that you'll be able to share your experiences and help others, too.

Take care and be sure to keep us posted.
  • HI Jannie :H & welcome to SH. Although I am sorry you need to be here, since you do I am happy you found us.

Feel free to babble as much as you need lol ;)

When I joined here I was a wreck BIG time! Was questioning why I was even alive. No, I was not suicidal, but was wondering if I had a purpose in this world any more. Thanks to this wonderful group of people who reached out and supported me, I honestly can say I have a whole new out look on my life :)

Hope to get know you better ♥
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • gm, so are you saying they won't operate becuz it wont help?? see thats what I am afraid of, once they open me up I will have to keep having surgeries YIKES I am NOT thrilled, MY cervical surgery is May 27th.. so glad I have the time to get my life in order, we have an awesome support group of family & friends, noone will allow me to be alone for a month,becuz I am stubborn and NOT a good patient..(I am my husbands care giver for his double renal failure, so caregivers DON;T make good patients LOL) I feel we are ahead of the game with support...but still I am scared...
  • So today I went in for my MRI..Now I just have to wait for what the docs have to say. I'm really tired of the not knowing whats going to happen but then again do I want to know whats going on?..lol yeah I do.

• hi! well, atleast you can hang around here while you wait for the results.. good luck and i hope you hear what you need to hear!!!! only good things!! Jenny :)