Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Vibration in thigh

MazyMMazy Posts: 272
I'm having a wierd vibration in my front upper thigh. The description I have read online is "phantom cell phone vibration." No pain, just vibration. Anyone familiar with this, and could it be nerve entrapment or something? ---Mazy

• That is weird Mazy. I would like to know the answer too. I've had the same thing on and off over the past couple of years. I would actually feel for my pager or my cell phone which weren't there!
  • I have the same in my thigh but before I had it in my shin. It's like pulsing tremors. I had a herniated disc lumbar before and still have nerve issues with DDD. Have you had an EMG done? I wasn't able to complete the EMG test as my leg was hypersensitive but with the small sensors it didn't show any nerve damage for me. I just couldn't take the big needle the NS Fellow was sticking in my shin. They don't use any analgesic or anything. I don't understand this test. I wish I had more info and would be interested to hear more answers but I think for me it's sciatica. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I did have an EMG a couple of years ago it was normal. I know a lot can change in couple of years! With all my cervical problems, I am sure I also have lumbar problems and this vibration may have something to do with that. It sure is a wierd sensation! I guess I need to check with the doc, but I am hesitating cos lately everytime I go to the doc, I found out there are a million things wrong!! Thanks for your responses.---Mazy
  • I have cervical issues also that being a reversal of the normal curve of the neck and DDD at c5-C7. It seems sometimes if there is problems in one part of the spine there could be problems in another area. But hopefully this is nothing major for you. Do you have any lower back pain or weakness or limited movement? That's good if you're going to see your Dr. and get it checked out. TC. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Since several months, perhaps a couple of years, sometimes I have a kind of mobile phone vibrating 3 to 5 seconds in my left pocket. But there's no mobile. It occurs about once a week or less. I tend to ignore this symptom .

No matter if walk or seat, it just just buzz-buzz in the pants left pocket for few seconds, harmless and painless, just confusing, making believe you have a mobile phone there, but not... No message, no call, no text. Super weird! magic? hmm Sounds unreal

Perhaps it's a trapped nerve but exams do not show this.
    Perhaps it's L5-S1 right side hernia without radiculopathy. no idea. But it should buzz the other side.
    Perhaps it's muscle spasm. lack of exercise or magnesium/calcium deficiency. No idea.
    Perhaps it's a psychological phenomena called the Phantom Vibrating Phone. Not sure.
    Perhaps it's Sclerosis Multiple or Parkinson. But I haven't any biological/genetic sign of that.
    Perhaps it's menopausal cramp. But I am not a woman. LOL!
    My Mom thinks that there's a neuralgia. But there's no electric impulses. Just vibrates as if I had a phone.
    My Dad also experienced a worse herniated L5-S1 in the past but he thinks I need to see a shrink. LOL! Oh well..

I know I am not alone. It's the most weird thing ever. There's zero pain involved. No matter if I walk or seat.
    Anyone can help me to diagnose this?
  • BoscamoscBBoscamosc Posts: 2
    edited 03/09/2015 - 11:26 PM
    Any clue on about what is causing this?

Welcome to Spine-Health

Use that above hyperlink to help you get started with Spine-Health and navigate through the system.

If there are any questions, you can always post them here, send Liz or myself a private message or contact Ron rdilauro@veritashealth.com

*There is nobody on the forum medically qualified or permitted to give medical advice or a diagnosis, all responses are based on members personal experiences only
  • I'm just curious: does anyone on this discussion about thigh vibrations drink coffee or other caffeinated drinks (Mountain Dew, energy drinks, etc.) on the days that you have these sensations?