Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

BuilderbirdBBuilderbird Posts: 16
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello all

I had a laminectomy at L5 S1 in November '09, am finding the recovery very slow and though my condition is much improved since surgery I have recently been experiencing pain & numbness in the left leg again. My doctor has just ordered another MRI & prescribed new meds so hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it sooner rather than later.

I have to say I am very dissapointed I didn't manage to find this site before I had the surgery it's a fantastic resource.

Anyway I'm looking forward to getting to know you all

Chat soon

• Sorry for the reason that you found us. But since you did, welcome. Take a look around. In addition to the forum where you will find lots of wonderful information primarily based on members' personal experiences, the website has articles and videos to help you learn anything and everything pertaining to the spine.

I hope your doctor figures out what is causing your pain. I can relate to the frustration of having surgery and still having the same pain.

• I so understand wishing that you had found this sit before your surgery I'm in the same boat.I'm also new here and have found wonderful people and info.

I had a Plif in 9-09 and am again haveing major pain issues on the left side and in the process of figuring everything out. Good luck.

• Welcome to Spine-Health.

Many of us were lucky enough to find this site before our surgeries, but this site and the forums can still help you through your ongoing problems.

I had an ACDF in Oct. 2008 and a TLIF in early Jan. 2010 and still have pain associated with both. I'm going through PT and am beginning to doubt that I'll every be pain-free.

But there are many here that do go on to live normal lives after surgery and don't post here any longer. So don't get discouraged if you find more bad stories than good. This forum is mostly for support, experiences and information and I'm glad you found us. Hopefully you'll get what you need, make many friends and find others in your same situation that have found solutions or ways to cope.

Take care
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you stopped by! i am sorry your surgery did not appear to be a complete success! i am sure you are very worried and in pain! i hope the MRI gets down to the bottom of it all for you! good luck and let us know what happens! Jenny :)