Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

First ESI Today

tammypttammyp Posts: 49
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Spinal Injections

Had surgery 1 year ago. Was fine until about 5 months p/o. Severe nerve pain and more wide spread has slowly increased since August.Sent to PM and physical therapy to pinpoint the origin of new pain.
Well had my injections started today..both sides.
The numbing agent they injected was the most painful part of the procedure.
But overall it was tolorable. The cool part was him being able to hit the exact nerve that was causing the most pain. That was a little freaky.
It has been 6 hours and other than muscle spasms from clinging onto the handle bars on the tabke for so long, I have very little pain at the injection site. Maybe tomorrow will be a different story. I instantly had relief in my left sciatic and heel pain. Is that possible? This is the first time in 7 months my heel hasn't hurt. Still have nerve pain in the areas he didnt inject.
He was able to confirm that my fusion looked good and solid, but said that there is severe scar tissue everywhere and is most likely the reason for the new nerve symptoms.

So overall it was a great day.
I am hoping the injections will work, I was able to confirm fusion and we might have the answer as to why I have been having severe nerve pain again. Even know that can't to much to fix the scar tissue isssue at least I know now.

• Great to hear you're having pain relief from the injections. I'm going next week to get my 2nd set of injections and had some relief from my first set March 3rd. I hope PT or massage can help with easing some of the scar tissue as well as the injections taking the swelling down. I heard it's good to ice the injection site after to stop any bruising. Best wishes and hope the pain relief lasts a long time. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I wish you happy ESI! I got some relief from the ESI, especially in some areas I'd had a lot of trouble finding relief in (like being super sore and stiff in the morning). Hope yours are awesome!