Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi From california

paulab67ppaulab67 Posts: 57
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello everyone,
My name is Paula. I live in sunny Northern Ca. Well, maybe it isn't sunny here ALL the time. Most of the time though. I will be 43 soon.

I have been dealing with back pain for about 7yrs now. I was aproved for Social Security about 5yrs ago. The Dr. I am seeing now is getting ready to perform a Lumbar Fusion on me soon. My back problems are herniated disc in the lumbar spine, Spinal Stenosis and Sciatica. I also have very slight case of Arthritis in my back somewhere.

I am not able to sit very long. So let's do this. Go ahead and ask me anything I might have left out and I will answer you.

Just wanted to introduce myself.

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    And welcome to sh. I'm also from N. Ca. in the

Sierra Nevada mountains. My problems have also been lumbar. You'll get all of the help and understanding on this site that you need.
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Gm I am also in No. Calif. wine country/redwoods/beach all right here, we luv it...
    I am also a newbie here..I have gotten so many ?? from this forum to ask my Dr now..plus I am going to get a 2nd opinion. BUT I know there are issues.

• Hi Paula,

First let me say welcome to spine-health. Here is a link to 38 questions to ask a surgeon. I would look at the questions and see if yourself know the answers to all those questions. This will give you a idea of how much of a educated consumer you are. I think it is paramount that you understand what they are doing. Anyway just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health. Take care and keep us posted.

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you suppiort and answer what questions we can. i live in sunny southern california myself!!! so glad you stopped by! good luck on your upcoming surgery! i wish you all the best. be sure and follow your doctor's orders all the way for a successful recovery! be sure and stop by anytime! Jenny :)