Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

After my myelogram

alinpainaalinpain Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Lower Back Pain
I had my myelogram on 4/14 and it went well but I did feel the needle go in - Ouch ... Went home and rested like they say for 24hrs with not to much pain . On 4/16 went to see the ortho doctor to review my results with a major headache. He said drink lots of fluids and coffee.. When I drove home my head felt like it was under alot of pressure with a constant humming noise which I still have at this moment.. My head feels like i'm underwater and I cant hear normal with a dizzy feeling affect. I dont like bright lights and my neck is sore.. I only can move my head so very slowly.How long does this last?? This doesn't seem normal to me and on 4/19 I think I should seek medical attention ... Does anyone else have this kind of reaction ?? Thanks

• i felt ok during and after test and then headache came but wasn't like normal headache was like train going thru head and nothing helped tried all the caffene chugging mt.dew and such..
    had mine done on a wed and sat i paged my doc and he called hospital and arranged for a blood patch..which was not a fun procedure at all...
    as soon as doc took needle out poof head pressure and headache gone...
    but alot of back pain from it..
    some choose to wait it out and doc that did my blood patch said can last up to 8 days even with drinking caffene drinks..
    good luck and call place were you had myelogram or your doc..its a god aweful head pain/pressure i have ever felt.. the epidural blood patch is not fun and if you have had lumbar fusion they may not be able to do it..i was lucky and he was able to get the epidural needle in area..
    good luck to you and hope it goes away asap
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
This discussion has been closed.