Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

cervical neck pain

pkozakppkozak Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello everyone. My name is Pam. I am a 56 year old female. I have bilateral rotator cuff injuries and will be having shoulder replacements. I have had both knees replaced. I am also experiencing constant aching in the cervical spine. I also experience unusual sweating and fatigue. My cardiology work-up is perfect. I also have hypothyroidism with my medication levels in therapeutic range. The Cervical spine pain is constant. There is a constant low level ache which becomes very sharp and pain shoots up the sides of my neck into my head (which has happened on both the left and right sides of the neck.) The aching pain is also worsened with certain activities. I had an MRI which the surgeon states there is nothing surgical to be done. That being said I will give the results of then MRI to see if anyone has any ideas.

Loss of normal cervical lordosis. Hemangioma at T-5. c4-c5 spur disc bulge complex which indents the ventral thecal sac and causes milde mass effect on the thecal sac and mild central canal stenosis. Mild neural forminal narrowing is noted on the left secondary to uncovertebral degenerative change c5-c6 left paracentral spur disc bulge complex which indents the ventral thecal sac causing mild central canal stenosis. Uncovertebral joint degenerative change on the left resulting in mild neural foraminal narrowing on the left. c7-t1 mild bilateral neuralfotaminal narrowing.
Impression also includes multiple small disc protrusion within upper thoracic spine. interval worsening involving endplates surrounding c4-c5. Mild signal hypersensitivity within the disc. Does anyone have any input or ways of decreasing neck pain.

• Welcome to Spine Health. You certainly have a lot on your plate to be dealing with. When you had your MRI done, what type of surgeon did you have look at it? I've had neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons look at the same cervical MRI and have received completely different results or feedback. If you have the option, maybe getting another set of eyes to take a look at it might help.

On Spine Health we are all members/patients and we are not qualified to interpret or give impressions on someone's MRI. It is dangerous to do so.

Have you been seeing a physical therapist at all? With all the other injuries/issues you mention, there may be some incredible dynamics going on that without taking in the person as "a whole", could end up being an exercise in futility.

Once again, welcome to Spine Health.