Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
Good morning everyone, I have been visiting this site on and off for the past 3 years and I need your help more than ever. At the age of 36 I had a herniated disk in February 2007 with a disectomy to follow. I re herniated the same disk in May of 2007 with another disectomy. Since then I have had mild to chronic back pain that I have learned to live with. Last year I developed pain in my left hip, buttocks and thigh. I had an MRI which showed no herniation, my doctor said I was having degenerative issues and sent me to a pain management Dr. He then sent me to PT. and it turned out to be piriformis syndrome. I completed PT with minimal relief. I then had 2 injectoins in my back and 1 in my left piriformis. This procedure corrected my piriformis and I was pain free for about 3 months. The pain returned and it seemed that I just had some flare ups from time to time. In February I noticed that the pain had litterally changed sides overnight and I started to feel it in my right buttocks. I let it go for a few weeks thinking it is just something I have to deal with until one day the pain went all the way down my left leg, you lknow that shocking pain that stops you and says hey something is wrong here? Well I went back to my pain management Dr. and found out my insurance no longer allows me tpo see him or any of my other Dr.s I'm screwed! I went to some new family med. ADr. who finally ordered my MRI and sent me to this new supposed pain medicine Dr. When I got there I was taken into a small room and asked to sign off on an agreement that I would complete 8-10 weeks of PT. Yeah I was bawling at this point. I have been to PT 4 times and I understand the benefits of it however how on earth is that going to repair the disc tear? I told them no thanks and left. I made an appointment with a neurologist who I will be seeing tom. But I have some reservations about him. I really feel stuck and I hate insurance companies! I really just want to see my old Dr.s I am in pain and can barely make it through a whole shift at work. As soon as I am on my feet for 2+ hours I am in pain. Sitting is also painful. I know the pain could be much worse because I have been there and feel I am headed in that direction. What is a disc tear? Is that what happens before it herniates? If I keep working am I just going to get worse? Will PT help me? Another injection? Help please!