Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Mri Results Help

tamterttamter Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Ok in 2008 had cervical fusion with metal plate at c4-5 and c6-7. Well been having problems and below is new Mri report I go to Neuro on Tuesday but can anyone help here. A little more info in 2008 I had impingement on spinal cord at c4-6 hence the fusion. Mri done yesterday here is what it says.
thre is discogenic endplate change see at c3-4 as well as degenerative change and spondylosis. (What is discongenic endplate changes???)

Findings suggest a disc protrusion at C4-5 the signal in the visualized portion of the central nervous system appears within normal limits.

C2-3 there is a central disc protrusion producing mild central stenosis, but no impingement on cord.

C3-4 there is a broad based disc protrusion more pominent focally with near complete effacement of the tecal sac, but no definite impingement on the cord producing mild to moderate central stenosis. There is bilateral facet arthropathy, and there is evidence of mild righ sided neural foraminal stenosis.

C4-5 there is a large central dis protrusion with essentially complete effacement of thecal sac. Mild impingement on the anterior surface of the spinal cord suggested. Thee is facet arthropathy seen and there is mild left sides neural foraminal stenosis.

C6-7 findings suggest a right pracentral disc protrusion producing mild to moderate central canal stenosis with near complete effacement of the thecal sac. There is no definte foramminal stenosis.

Post Contrast images deomonstrates that het fusion in 2008 seen is new in the interval. Degree of stenosis seen at C3-4 appears to be slightly greater than on the previous exam.

Increased spinal stenosis at c4-5 compare to the previous study in 2008 there is also somewhat more prominent discogenic endplate changes seen at c3-4. (Again what is discogenic endplate changes???)

Can anyone please help me my appt is Tues with Nuero My doc in 2008 was an ortho but he has moved so this is a new doc. So in 2008 they wisked me in surgery pretty quick because the it impinging into my spinal cord. Because the fear of permanent damage. Now this new MRI states suggest spinal cord anterior at C4-5 another question does it matter if it is anterior or other location???? Just trying to figure out am I headed back for another surgery because of the suggested spinal cord involvement. My neck does hurt stiff it gets stuck and then pops have some pain in arms. Tingling and dizziness (bad) headaches can all this be caused from the neck..

if anyone can please help me that would be great or at least help me understand this report better or questions to ask Nuero Sorry this is soo long but just really frustrated. Thanks in advance..

• First, welcome to Spine Health. Second, no one here is capable of reading MRI reports. I would try googling that term about discogenic endplates or searching for it here. Also, search for doctor questions on here, there is a great article about it. Write down all your questions for the surgeon. He will check your MRI but they also usually pay more attention to your symptoms and exam. Physical therapy probably will be ordered first.

Best wishes,

• As Marianne suggested there are lots of articles that might explain some of the terms in that report. From my experience the doctors are more interested in your symtoms than in what a radiologist thinks he sees.

Doesn't seem like anything drastic on your report and I certainly wouldnt rush into surgery no matter what. You should always get at least a 2nd opinion.

What is more important right now than learning medical terms is to keep a log. Write down what you feel, what you are doing etc for the next few days until you see the doc. Also take someone with you to the appt.

Good luck and keep us posted.
  • Thanks and I tried googling the discogenic endplate changes and can't really find much. I know I have had a bad couple of days. My neck feels like it gets stuck and then it pops and yesterday when this happened after it popped I saw white spots and got really dizzy. Weird is this normal??? I don't have a whole lot of pain radiating down my arm like last time. But my hands sure seem like they are not very coordinated it takes me longer to button and put my necklaces on. I have tingling up my neck and all the way up my head and kind of numbness feeling with it. Could this all be related has anyone else experienced this. I didn't experience any of this last time just the pain down my arm and in my wrist. And yes my husband is going with me to my appt on Tuesday. Kinda of nervous because I really don't want to have surgery. But I sure don't want to have to worry about if it is into my spinal cord. Has anyone ever corrected if it is in the actual cord without surgery and what are the options??? Just really tired of all this.
  • I haven't had surgery but if you're having co-ordination problems and seeing white lights and feeling dizzy and if these are new symptoms I would go to the ER where you had your surgery done or where the new Dr. works out of. I pray these symptoms ease up for you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN