Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

virginiapvvirginiap Posts: 508
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi all!
Has anyone tried or knows of anyone who has tried the VAX D therapy (spinal decompression). I am suffering from severe DDD l4-5; l5-si. Large herination with annular tear L3 & moderate herniation at L1-2. Trying to avoid surgery. I am awaiting a 2nd opinion as ordered by my NS and as I idle again (2nd opinion is 3+week wait!) I came across this. A chiro physcian in my area offers the treatment. I faxed him my rececent MRI, CT & discogram reports for his review to see if I would be a candiate. He says he needs to share my file with a surgeon before he can clear me to use this.... Just wondering if it is snake oil. Lots of promising results. Just tired of being in pain and living on pills.
Thanks in advance for your replies and insight.

• VAX D and DRX 9000 are fancy computer controlled traction machines. A lot of hype and window dressing to look at them. They are traction machines. The DRX 9000 is very expensive. The chiros using them charge high rates and rope you into 10-20 sessions. Most are not covered by insurance. VAX D is the same thing.

Do a search on this forum for both. Put VAXD, VAX D, DRX into the search function. You should find both in other threads. It was talked up a lot on the old forum. The general consensus was mostly hype. Also search the web too.

Definitely check with your insurance first as it is a lot out of pocket.

Good luck.

• thanks for the reply and the suggestion for looking up older threads will do.
    Yes, the chiro did say would not be covered by ins and that I would need at least 8 sesions at about $120 per.
This discussion has been closed.