Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

facet injectons

theresacpttheresacp Posts: 18
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Pain Management
has anyone out there had facet injection that is now what they want to do already went through 2 set of nerve root injection frist one only work for a few days the2 set lasted about 2weeks the second set was not good lots of back spasms for days mp wanted to know why i didnt call they act like its harable that iam taking vicoden so why call so now she says that i need facet joint injections i feel that i have no recourse but to do what they say otherwise i cant get my pain med what should i do they are also pushing the spinal cord simulater i dont want thati feel i have done enough of these useless injections and the are painful do i have any recouse in this or iam i at the mercy of there needles have four screw cage bone grafted plated and bolts and new herniated disk and a sack of fluid that is 2 and1/2 cent long they said it could be infectious etolity sorry about my spelling any sugestions would help dont know what to do

• I am sorry you are having such a hard time. I have had many facet joint injections which were successful. In fact when I had my fusion the surgeon was surprised the my facets joints were just a mess, bone on bone.

Do you have more pain when you bend? Do you have pain when you stand or hyper-extended you back (like a back bend)?

I always had sedation with all of my injections. I don't think I could of done it without :)

After any injections, ice is your best friend. you can safely ice for 20 minutes each hour~bags of frozen peas make great ice packs. My hubby would often stay up the first night (dozing in front of the TV) switching out my ice packs. Also, try to rest the first 3 days to allow the medication to stay in the facets.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing!
  • I just had my first radio frequency ablation, which is a longer solution to the facet joint issue- they actually burn out the nerves in the facet joints. I am very hopeful!

I didn't get the steroid injection in the facet joints because I'd already had 3 ESIs recently, but the block was 5 hours of heaven, so I'm looking forward to these nerves going away for a good long time!
  • has anyone out there had a facet nerve block that is what they want to do now how painful is this and does it work