Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2 years almost pain free, everything came back in 24 hours!

tallguyttallguy Posts: 28
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Lower Back Pain
Have heriation in L5/S1, but have managed to keep the pain under control for over two years. Been seeing a chiropractor once a week also to realign everything. Well, all that out the door recently. I started feeling a little pain my lower back, didn't think much of it during the day, but I took it easy. Went to bed and the next morning, it was like everything from before came back overnight. Could not walk, stand, sit, lie, bend, move, turn, etc, it was all very painful. Until now, since this it has been about 36 hours.

I did acupuncture last night, what a difference, that is until I got home and everything hit me again. I am taking meds from before. Solaxin and Naposin, but I feel they don't do anything. I think i have some stronger Naposin, about 750mg, but not sure if I can take so much or not... Right now I take 250mg. I am not sure how strong the Solaxin is...

I have tired my best this time to use my adomen muscles to do anything, but there are times that I literally cannot move. This has happend before, but I am trying to lessen the time of this spat.

I would like to know what brought this on.. I have been fine for years, I take it easy, if I feel sore I stop. I try not to lift heavy things, etc. I don't exercise a lot, but I walk about 10-20 minutes 3-4x a week. I am really in a lot of pain, even sitting here typing this is not comfortable. Lying down also doesn't help much, and standing and walking I look like I am 120 years old.

• I was thrilled to see you had logged on, until I read your post. Wow, I'm sorry that you are having troubles once again! The person who did the acupuncture, did they also evaluate you? Just wondering what that person had to say.

It is always a real possibility to re-injure ourselves, and when we least expect it and without doing anything overtly strenuous. Can you get in to see your doc and have things looked at?

Be careful using old drugs, many have shelf lives and after a period of time exposed to higher humidity and heat (like where you live), they start to break down and can release odd ball levels of medication.

• You know I was looking for you some time ago, I sent a mail or messge on the system I think but not sure you ever got it. I am glad to get your reply as I had forgotten your userid. Glad to hear from you!!!!

They didn't really evaluate me, it was just a normal Chinese doctor, but it is an acupuncure clinic. They didn't say much.

I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, though I have had a bit more stress recently, but not as bad as other times over the last two years... I am really hurting. I cannot walk straight at all, I walk like I am over a 100.

The drugs are fine, they are ok until like 2011, I did check that. My friend who is a pharmacist told me to put them in a bottle with those humidity things, but I didn't do it as I cannot find the little humidty packs. I am wondering though with what you said is the reason why I am not feeling much better after taking them.. I should can them and buy some new ones.

My doc probably won't say too much other than to rest... that's about it...
This discussion has been closed.