Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

gwennie17gwennie17 Posts: 2,957
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Matters of the Heart

You haven't been on the board for awhile and you are missed. I know all your spiney friends are worried about you, as you were going through quite a rough patch.

Please post and let us know how you are doing.

Sending thoughts and prayers your way....

• Yes hope everything is well with you and recovering and having some good family times? Like Gwennie sending prayers too. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi all and I am ok. Have had quite a few things happen. First tried to get job at greenhouse, light duty, customers, watering. No heavy work. Well my knee swelled way up and wouldnt go down. And so another scope and they removed arthritis under knee cap and on side, giving me some more time until both will have to be replaced because of arthritis. As in plural, both.
    Then had headaches, and they want to do spinal tap, and I said no. Wait some more for that one. And my back has been giving me fits, and so I go tommorow to Ortho after giving it some more time to see if it makes any difference. No difference. Only in the pain meds and keep changing to help keep under control. Tommorow he will tell me if it is surgery or what. Will post afterwards.

GWENNIE..Been thinking and praying that you had surgery and all is going well. Finally found post that said it is...SO GLAD FOR YOU...I am hoping to have the same done and maybe get some relief as well. Take care girl..
    To all my friends. Sorry I had a leave of absence. I will be better about posting, promise... Take Care, Robin
  • Everyone takes breaks from SH from time to time but so glad you popped in to let us know how you're doing.

Take care,

• I was wondering how you were getting on.
    Hope that your apointment with the Ortho goes well tomorrow. I'll be reading to hear how you get on. :-)

Has the swelling from your knee gone down now?
    My knee gave way as I was going downstairs the other day and I nearly fell down stairs. I have had to stop PT to rest the knee, and will reassess this week. I have had weak knees for the last 5 years of so, but my fusion surgery seems to have flared them up again.

Life as a spiney is certainly 'interesting'! :S