Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neck and Leg Pain

BalooBBaloo Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I'm a 42-year-old female and I have 2 herniated discs in my neck at C5/C6 and C6/C7. The MRI read the C5/C6 as pressing on my spinal cord but the NS didnt agree. I have a few questions I wanted to know if someone could answer.

I have had previous laminectomy at C6/C7 in 2005. The NS I saw recently tell me he thinks I need an artificial disc at C5/C6 and fusion at C6/C7. Can anyone tell me the expected recovery time? How long should I expect to stay in the hospital?

I have developed pain in my right buttock that goes down the back of my leg. I do have the pins and needles feeling as well. Can this be coming from my cervical spine? I always thought when it went into your legs it was coming from a lumbar issue. Thanks in advance for your help.

• I think i would get another opinion on the cord compression issue. I now suffer from myelopathy because a NS didn't agree my cord was compressed and it was.
    I have lumbar issues as well and it sounds like you might have sciatica .I would ask the Dr about this.
    As far as a cervical fusion every MD is different. I have had two seperate ones and stayed 2 days for the first and one day for the second.
    Good luck to you . Bethy