Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am here - but maybe not

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,856
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
Spine-Health has meant so much to me over the years. Know when I am recovering from shoulder surgery, its been tough. The best thing to know is that you have a team in place to handle things while you are gone. Tamtam and Jeauxbert are my angels! Why? Not only are they handling everything, they keep me up to date

I cant type worth a damm. one pecking typing out of a sling does not cut it. But you folks are worth it. If I have to deal with some discomfort, so be it, You, the member community is what keeps us alive. I apologize that I am not getting to all posts, honestly, it hurts and it really sucks tyring to do what I really what to do.

I will be back... Now do I know sound like Mr Arnold Schwarzenegger
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Hey Ron,

Thanks for the kind words. I know this site means a lot to members as well as staff. It's like one big family :) Take your time healing. Trying to run this and yourself would be troublesome, I'm sure. We miss you and all your great input!

Be Well,
  • I hope you get well soon and look forward to catching up with you once you are feeling better. I just had revision PLIF L4-S1 april 19th (1wk ago) so I'm not on here that much right now. I'm sure I will be on more once I get this pain under control.

Take care of that shoulder PapaRon!
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    I'll bet you can beat me!.........Get Well.
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Hi Ron

Thank you for your post, no need for apology.

Continue to Get Well! and take it easy

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    It's nice to hear from you. I hope that you're recovering nicely. I can imagine how you're feeling all tied up like that! In springtime too! Take care of yourself and get well real soon. We miss you but we understand. Is the pain more manageable now? Is everything healing as expected? Be good and don't push it.

• As a recipient of a partial, I can understand what you are going through.

As you have had many surgeries over the years, this too shall pass. When I had mine done, I purposely did not read up on nor try to get any detailed info on it.

When I was able to move enough to type I did do that search and wish I had not. So, if you have not researched what they just did to you, you may want to skip that! ugh, not pretty as to how they have to do it.

Rest up, move slow and be careful.

As always, wishing the best for you!
  • Very best to you Ron. GET WELL!
    Patsy W
  • It's nice to see you posting, but why don't you try not typing in proper form and forgoing the caps? That could take a couple of steps off your typing. LOL

It's so good to see you again and it's also nice that you got "salt-man" off your avitar and put yourself back in. I bet you feel a little bit like the age of your avitar, not being able to do much.

You're such a trooper - and how dedicated are you that you're already posting so soon, and with obvious pain?

Welcome home, PapaRon.
  • Good to hear from you. We understand that you've had surgery and we're here to support you. We miss you but know you'll be back when you're able. Just concentrate on you and getting well. I guess you'll need to get some Physiotherapy when the sling comes off? So we know you're busy getting better and putting your energy into that. One thing I learned that it's good to delegate when you're not able to do what you been doing so long being the Administrator here. But I'm sure the Team is doing well here while you're recuperating from your surgery. Saying prayers you'll heal well from your surgery and be back in full swing. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • My thoughts & prayers remain with you Ron ♥

Have you heard of Dragon 10? You talk it types what you are saying. I use it often when writing articles and such that I want to write by thinking out loud.
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • Ron,

Good to see you are coming along! Voice recognition software might be a good investment right about now? The stuff is pretty cool! Keep resting and healing Ron!! *HUG*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Hi Ron,
    We all hope everything is going well and you will soon be typing and keeping us under control. I miss your calming and influential comments and that assured voice of knowledge that benefits us all.

Take care. John
  • hope you are feeling better soon and are back on the computer in no time!! good luck and get well Ron! Jenny :)
  • Just dropping in to send you well wishes andgood thoughts for a speedy recovery from your shoulder surgery.

Get this gets you off the "honey do" list for a while :D !

Take good care,