Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

clicking noise

newhouse17nnewhouse17 Posts: 133
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello everyone,

I decided that I would get out today and do a little therapy so I was off to the mall to get some clothes for summer. As I was try on several pairs of shorts I kept hearing and feeling a clicking in my lower back every time I lifted my legs into the shorts. It doesn't hurt but I can feel it just the same and it creeps me out!!! Anyone experience this? By the way, I was gone 2 hrs and my back is killing me from the walking.

For you women out there who can relate, I have 30 pairs of high heels that I can no longer wear and just bought myself a pair of boring sandals for summer, you know the ones that are for made for comfort not style. Very depressed because I have some really nice stacked sandals!!! My sister will be very happy that she's getting them all. Lucky Bit@@!!!!!!!! Sorry for getting off the subject just needed to vent!!!

• Shopping malls, galleries and museums are some of the worst floors for people with spine issues.

Chances are, the sound you hear is probably a ligament or tendon that is getting a little bit hung up. When it releases, it makes a clicking sound. It is not bone against bone, if that's what you are worried about (unless you are that 1 in a million, "special" person). And I doubt very much it is something with your hardware. I have a similar situation and have asked about it several times to various health providers...and am always told the ligament answer.

I can relate to the shoes. When I buy a new pair of flats, my husband always reminds me I have tons of shoes....I have to remind him I cannot wear most of them....Your sister will be very happy. How nice you have someone to give them to....